2.1 and Exchange ActiveSync support

Fletchi18

Reaction score
I have seen the question asked but I have not seen an answer: Does anyone know if 2.1 will improve the Droid's support for Exchange ActiveSync (accessing contacts from the GAL, etc)?

I just ended my 5 day trial of Touchdown the other day and I don't want to pay $20 for something that is going to be nearly rendered useless in 2.1.

Thanks!!

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have seen the question asked but I have not seen an answer: Does anyone know if 2.1 will improve the Droid's support for Exchange ActiveSync (accessing contacts from the GAL, etc)?

I just ended my 5 day trial of Touchdown the other day and I don't want to pay $20 for something that is going to be nearly rendered useless in 2.1.

Thanks!!

Touchdown will never be rendered useless. It is an amazing app with alot of capabilities, but to answer your first quesiton, i have yet to hear and final word on this.

OP
F

Fletchi18

Reaction score
Useless was probably a strong word. I just didn't want to spend that money if I was going to get basically the same functionality with that update. And now that I had said I'm going to purchase it, you can guarantee full Exchange support in 2.1!! HAHAHAH!! jk

I think I'll stick with Touchdown then.

Thanks for the reply!

PJnc284

Reaction score
yeah, this is one of things from the Pre I'd like to see on Android.