2.1.2 root question

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Talty09, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Talty09

Talty09 New Member

Since the new 2.1.2 software is launched and avail. for download I have a question. My new droid will come in the mail in like literally 45 minutes from ups. I plan on rooting my phone asap this weekend. However, my question to all of you droid experts is this:

I have jailbroken MANY iTouches and iPhones. I know apple is a ***** and hates the world and plans to take it over someday. Because of this their software updates (even minor builds) are constantly fighting jailbreaking and if you upgrade your firmware your jailbroken iWhatever can either be un-jailbroken or bricked. Same if you try to apply any jailbreaking techniques for older firmware versions on the newer versions. Is this the same with the new droid? Should I root my phone on the older firmware that is already installed and then update using the methods described here?
  2. CDB

CDB New Member

Since this is the only way it can be done currently, I'd say 'yes', that's what you should do.
  3. Talty09

Talty09 New Member

awesome thank you. also since you were quick to respond. if for some reason the droid comes with the updated firmware. is there a downgrade method? please don't get annoyed if this has been covered. you answering would save me much time and research.
  4. CDB

CDB New Member

RSDlite is what you'll need then.
Search tags for this page

droid 2.1.2 root