2.01 to 2.1 to 2.2 Unrooted

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by studepaber, Aug 12, 2010.

1. studepaber

studepaber New Member

I recently used the following FAQ http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html to unroot my Droid phone to 2.01. I thought I would be able to go to settings/about phone/system updates and get the 2.1 update again but it says my phone is up to date. Not really interested in rooting again but was wondering if I need to manually update my phone with update.zip file or will I receive OTAs for 2.1 and 2.2? If not I will just do it manually, but could someone give me links to those updates? Also will I need to update to 2.1 first before 2.2 or can I go from 2.01 directly to 2.2?

Thanks!
  2. studepaber

studepaber New Member

I mainly want to know if OTA update or manual update will allow you to go to 2.2 directly from 2.01, anyone know?
  3. studepaber

studepaber New Member

Anyone have an answer to my above post? Still waiting on 2.2OTA here.
  4. thexxoffspring

thexxoffspring New Member

actually i was planning on doing that. go from 2.01 and update to 2.2 unrooted because i wanted to test performance.

if you plug in your droid to the computer (that has internet access) and download the software for a moto device it can push updates to your phone.

i didnt get updates till i did this
  5. studepaber

studepaber New Member

Yea I ended up manually updating my phone, runs ok, but are alot of people finding home screen is slow/freezes sometimes? Any fix for this?
  6. BhamItGeek

BhamItGeek Member

I unrooted back to 2.01 and then took the manual update to 2.2 without any issues...They talked about how much faster 2.2 is...but I have to say...after being rooted with SS and BB both OC'd it really isnt any faster..Going from docked to off the dock its real laggy... will be going back to an OC'd rom.