2.0 :)

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
low benchmarks

the lower bench marks are due to poor 2d graphic scrores not sure why. nothing was changed for the oiin 1.x or this rom. But i dont see the differende in overal speed. im talking 1690 to 1300 difference for me in the benchmarks only on quandrant not the others. I dont know what cauised it only can guess
2.2.2 but im just not seeing it effect overall performance.

darkmatter

Reaction score
Like I said, in the end its all running fast and smooth. Its just fun to epeen out numbers, lol.

darkmatter

Reaction score
I like smartbench better than quadrant. I score 600/1000 ish.

One thing I found interesting, though things seem smoother with my live wallpaper turned off, it didn't affect scores at all.

Also, I read in another thread that quadrant seems a bit off. ppl scoring 1500+ are now scoring 1000 ish with identical setups, which seems consistant with what we're seeing here.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
I think these benchmarking apps are just complete garbage.
If it is all good on your phone it is all good regardless of any benchmark.
Run it 3 times in a row and you will get three very different results, why, because too many variables are unaccounted for with these individual apps.
If it told you after each of the 3 runs why the score changed, then you might have something worth being reliable. There are probably 10 plus types that will run some benchmark test and all are different and all are inconsistent.
If the phone is working like crap and you score a 1500, does that score mean a hill of beans to you?
Exactly. But just so you all know clicking the toke button will increase scores by at least 200.

darkmatter

Reaction score
Oh, nice. 200 points. I heard racing stripes adds at least 10hp to your car. :D

As said, I know benchmarks are little more than epeen numbers, but can still be fun to toss around. Not only that, if someone can consistantly score higher on the same phone, i'd want to know what they're doing differently. Ie, One or two scores doesn't say much, like you said, but averages can be helpful. Also, that smartbench is a lot more helpful than quadrant, in that it gives you a lot more info (especially paid version). Smartbench also seems more consistant than quadrant.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
OK so racing stripes and scoop the hood, getting right on it.
Spoilers do anything to help or just eye candy?
lol

I know what you mean dark, it is just that due to the fact that no OGs are alike, what may give someone a higher score may not even have any impact on someone elses droid score.
And if you want to shove our OG's awesomeness in the face of those who think they have superior phones, make up a ridiculously high bench number and that will shut them up as good as an actual score would.
I also like to flex at this point, so they know that both I and my phone and soon my car, are all superior.
I like people underestimating my OG, it is like Herbie the love bug from the old Disney classics. Then when we both attempt the same thing like search or dl an app, and they realize you have lapped them or are neck and neck. That will really make them envious.
And then you just tell them, "well I guess size doesn't matter".

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
didnt know that

I like smartbench better than quadrant. I score 600/1000 ish.

One thing I found interesting, though things seem smoother with my live wallpaper turned off, it didn't affect scores at all.

Also, I read in another thread that quadrant seems a bit off. ppl scoring 1500+ are now scoring 1000 ish with identical setups, which seems consistant with what we're seeing here.

Thanks for that info.
didnt know quadrant itslef was causing the problem. that explains why the numbers dropped so drastically while not affecting overall speed. I also was very proud 1.x wa the second fastest rom benched than 2.0 was so low didnt understand why. So good to know its not just sourcery.

thanks

darkmatter

Reaction score
Yea, and they mentioned that when they restored to an older version of quadrant the high scores returned, so something happened with quadrant.

With tthe updated quadrant, scores seemed to average 800-1000 regardless of the rom, which again seems consistant with what we've been seeing. I'll avg 1-1100 with 2.0 and new quadrant. I think I can set cpu to a static 1.2ghz and hit 1200, but I prefer on demand.