2.0 update????

BigZ

Reaction score
I just got my Eris today and the guy at the VZ store said that a 2.0 update was coming out on the 18th.... anyone know if this is 100% or not... I made sure to clarify 2.0 also. I'm not just retarded.

Jolest

Reaction score
I heard from an HTC rep that there's going to be at least one more update between now and when the 2.0 update comes out. The rep was unsure when the second update was going to be released, but hinted that it could be before the end of the year.

The Verizon guy you spoke with way have misunderstood which "second" update (a "2nd" update, not "update to 2.0") was coming out soon.

GrdLock

Reaction score
I sure hope there's another update coming out before the 2.x update. This phone freezing up issue is seeming pretty widespread and needs to be addressed ASAP.

As for the OP, everything I've seen on the 2.x update says it'll be out in Q1 of 2010, possibly January.

SBacklin

Reaction score
God, I hope there is another update. The signal issue that I've posted about is driving me crazy. Either the firmware for the radio is that bad or the meter is just not calibrated correctly at all. Its really beginning to bug me and I'm sure others that we can't seem to get an acknowledgment from HTC or Google or Verizon that these issues still persist.

lowtech

Reaction score
God, I hope there is another update. The signal issue that I've posted about is driving me crazy. Either the firmware for the radio is that bad or the meter is just not calibrated correctly at all. Its really beginning to bug me and I'm sure others that we can't seem to get an acknowledgment from HTC or Google or Verizon that these issues still persist.

My signal fluctuates too, and I am unable to make/receive calls in areas where my Treo worked fine. I certainly do hope that one of these updates improves the signal.

I have been very fortunate not to have freeze-ups after that recent update, but the signal thing is really maddening!

chopperwalker

Reaction score
I called Verizon today to get the free eris with the purchase of the moto droid. The kid was new and someone was helping him (i think they were on the headset, muted). I asked about the update and he had no idea of when or that they had different os versions. Then all of a sudden he mentions that he remembered that it was happening at around the end this month or the beginning of next. Im pretty sure the supervisor chimed in for that part. Or i completely misread the whole situation and its anyones guess.