2.0.1 Issues

zmeflyby

Reaction score
I think one of biggest concerns that someone mentioned earlier is the calendar is set to year 1969.

CoreyT

Reaction score
I got the physical dock station delivered to me on Thursday, and the Droid worked fine in it and fired up the hidden weather app just fine and showed my town.

Today I downloaded the app called docrunner, and the author stated to not blame him if the weather icon no longer shows when running his app.
Sure enough the weather only shows F for Fahrenheit.
Also when using the real dock station, same thing, only the F shows.

Is there a fix for this?
I take it this is related directly to the new update we just all got?

I also have the bug where Gmail no longer is showing a picture that I embedded with my Comcast account using Outlook 2003.
Before pics would be there or the Show Picture bar would be there, and it is not.

I pulled up the calendar app and it does show Sunday the 13th 2009, so I guess my calendar is running OK.

b8b

Reaction score
I still can't accept Calendar invites. Hello, Google? It's YOUR calendar I am using, YOUR gmail client. I can accept them with a full desktop browser, but not even that works on my phone's browser? Crazy. Makes me look like an idiot at work when I have to find a computer just to accept a meeting request.

b8b

Reaction score
Is it just my phone or does theupdate still not handle three-way calls well? When I add a call, I only have the choice to merge. Once I merge, I have a "manage calls" button. I press it, and I think it switches between the two, but I can't tell. It doesn't show which caller I am with, just that I am "in call". Even after clicking "manage calls" (which really switches calls?!), I don't know which party I am with, if it is private or not. Drives you really crazy if you add more than one call, no way to manage it intelligently.

I hate to compare, but in this case I really like how the iPhone works. I can add up to 5 callers. I can merge everyone together, pull someone out for a private conversation, merge them all back together, all with an easy to use and intuitive interface. I can even add a second call, have a conversation, hang up and go back to the original call without having to merge them first. Even old generic phones make it easy to switch between callers and know that you are switching.

Jordie

Reaction score
Has anybody noticed a difference on the speed of the internet ever since the update 2.0.1? Before I was able to surf the net, download apps really quick. Nowadays, it just sits and hangs there for a few seconds and starts transferring data really really slow. I did a couple speedtest using speedtest.net app i've beeing getting speeds between 300kpbs to 500kbps download and 50kbps to 200kbps for upload. When I first got the app I did a few speed tests and I was able to reach 1066kpbs download to 812kpbs upload.

CoreyT

Reaction score
I got the physical dock station delivered to me on Thursday, and the Droid worked fine in it and fired up the hidden weather app just fine and showed my town.

Today I downloaded the app called docrunner, and the author stated to not blame him if the weather icon no longer shows when running his app.
Sure enough the weather only shows F for Fahrenheit.
Also when using the real dock station, same thing, only the F shows.

Is there a fix for this?
I take it this is related directly to the new update we just all got?

I also have the bug where Gmail no longer is showing a picture that I embedded with my Comcast account using Outlook 2003.
Before pics would be there or the Show Picture bar would be there, and it is not.

I pulled up the calendar app and it does show Sunday the 13th 2009, so I guess my calendar is running OK.
OK, I uninstalled the Docrunner app, and now when I place Droid in the physical dock, the weather app is now back.
His program since the update to Android would not allow the weather app to run correctly when in the real dock.

Did some more tests with email too from Outlook to Gmail on the Droid.
Putting the picture inline will not have it show when you retrieve email with the Droid.
however when I attached the picture via Outlook and sent it again, Gmail on the Droid shows the picture as if I had put it inline.
It also gives me the option of viewing it via the Gallery, or downloading it to the phone.
Not sure where it goes after you do that.
I have not explored all the areas of the phone yet.
Only have had it since two Saturdays ago.

feivel

Reaction score
I've noticed this lag problem too. I was impressed with the speed of the phone when I got it and until the update. Qualitative only, as I don't have speed test data. But there's definitely a mult-second lag on loading most pages now. That's bad.

Has anybody noticed a difference on the speed of the internet ever since the update 2.0.1? Before I was able to surf the net, download apps really quick. Nowadays, it just sits and hangs there for a few seconds and starts transferring data really really slow. I did a couple speedtest using speedtest.net app i've beeing getting speeds between 300kpbs to 500kbps download and 50kbps to 200kbps for upload. When I first got the app I did a few speed tests and I was able to reach 1066kpbs download to 812kpbs upload.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Sometimes the backlight of the screen doesnt light up :(...prevents me from seein whats on the screen

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
first off martin, because you have 784 posts, doesnt make you a superuser.. second. there is nothing wrong with killing apps that arent being used.. i open my music app, and the calendar needs to run? give me a break. stop whining, and go play with your phone. i have excellent battery life, and PDAnet runs faster with all apps killed. i have tested it, and it affects battery life very much. 10-12 apps running will sap 10% of your battery life in 90 minutes.
i dont even use corporate calendar.. yet somehow its always open.. guess what i did? deleted that *****.
how did you delete the corporate calendar? are you rooted?

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
ok i just noticed that everytime i open pandora radio i get a force close...also sometimes when i hold the home button (or watever it is ) it doesnt show my most recent opened apps...i have to touch it 3 times and on the 4th hold it so it shows my recent apps

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
first off martin, because you have 784 posts, doesnt make you a superuser.. second. there is nothing wrong with killing apps that arent being used.. i open my music app, and the calendar needs to run? give me a break. stop whining, and go play with your phone. i have excellent battery life, and PDAnet runs faster with all apps killed. i have tested it, and it affects battery life very much. 10-12 apps running will sap 10% of your battery life in 90 minutes.
i dont even use corporate calendar.. yet somehow its always open.. guess what i did? deleted that *****.

Never claimed to be a super user. Just knowledgeable about the device. Whining? here's my post... where am i whining?
nonsense, it eliminates background apps, and doesnt harm anything. you simply long hold a process to put it on ignore(you dont want to close android home..)

nonsense using it. (although I'm not opposed to people using it) Android's linux OS handles memory allocation very well.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-not-worry-about-apps-running-background.html
and in fact i said I don't have anything against your belief that the task killer helps.

if you're losing 10% of your battery in 90 minutes with an idle phone with 10-12 apps running you have a bad app. I leave everything open as the OS uses it and never experience that much of a drop in 90 minutes sitting idle.

go back under your bridge now :)