2.0.1 image with ALL 2.1 apps and MULTI-TOUCH BROWSER (root/sprecovery required)

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Berzerker, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Berzerker

Berzerker Member

Ratings:
    +0
    (NOTE: PLEASE do not use this with 2.1! This is for 2.0.1 ONLY)

If anyone wishes to donate: Paypal = a.akker214@gmail.com Any donation is appreciated.

You can also follow me on twitter for updates: Andrew Akker (berzerker7) on Twitter

What's included in this ROM:
    -2.1 Keyboard w/ Speech Dictation (self-ported)
    -2.1 Gallery app (ported by [mbm])
    -2.1 Music app (ported by jinx10000)
    -2.1 Clock app (ported by jinx10000)
    -2.1 Launcher (ported by xeudoxus)
    -2.0.1 Launcher w/ 5 home screens (credit to xeudoxus)
    -Multi-Touch Browser w/ new Chrome v8 JS file for upgraded speed. (credit to t3hSteve)
    -Brightness hack (for lower minimum brightness) (credit to xeudoxus)
    -Youtube HQ default hack (credit to xeudoxus)

What this does NOT include:
    -Live wallpapers.
    -Bugs from 2.1 (except landscape bug) :D

UPDATED 01/06/10: New ROM version 4 replaces all previous version. Additions include 2.1 keyboard, 2.0.1 launcher with 5 home screens + brightness hack.

UPDATED 01/05/10: New ROM Version 3a and 3b replaces versions 1 and 2. Fixes Music app crashing from Clock, and makes cleaner names (i.e. Gallery.apk instead of com.cooliris.media.apk)

UPDATED 01/04/10: New ROM version 2 posted below includes Youtube high quality hack + Swype keyboard.

How to install:

(Note: DO NOT ATTEMPT to restore using backup/restore, you will fail/brick your phone)

(Note: This update REQUIRES sprecovery version 0.99.0b. It WILL NOT INSTALL unless you have this version installed (it will error with status 154.))

-Update to the latest sprecovery using this guide if you haven't done so already.
    -Download either version 4a or 4b and place it in /sdcard
    -Reboot into sprecovery and choose "install"
    -Select "choose ROM from sdcard" and choose either 21apps201.rom.tgz if you downloaded version 4a, or sholes_info.rom.tgz if you downloaded version 4b. (Note: you can install version 4b at any point the future over your existing image if you want the Youtube HQ hack + Swype and you've already installed Version 4a)
    -It will automatically install OVER your existing image and not erase any of your settings! (You might need to resign into Google through the market after.)

(Note: THIS ROM DOES NOT WIPE /SYSTEM If you have any apps you want to save just in case (apps installed over the market don't install to /system/app, so you don't need to worry about them), please back them up before doing so (version 4a of this ROM does not get rid of other hacks such as the Youtube high quality default hack, so be wary of that fact. Also, no need to reroot or anything.)

That's it!

Credit also goes to SirPsychoS for his recovery image.

Known Issues:
    -Landscape bug in app drawer still exists.
    -Weather does not display properly in clock.
    -Picasa syncing only works after wipe/data.
    -Gmail syncing may break after installation. (WORKAROUND: Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Menu button > Filter > All > Select the "Clear Data" option from BOTH "Gmail" and "Gmail Storage")

(Instructions on how to root/install sprecovery)

Version 4a (Everything EXCEPT Youtube HQ Hack + Swype):
    Download: http://www.sholes.info/downloads/sp/21apps201.rom.tgz
    md5sum: 707da08f24320c665fc41e5a9135186e
    sha1sum: 6ff2487c3fe700cd064fab40312bf6b196779477

Version 4b (Everything INCLUDING Swype + Youtube HQ Hack):
    Download: http://www.sholes.info/downloads/sholes_info_4.rom.tgz
    md5sum: 13d679f336c547d404daeea65785132c
    sha1sum: 833c6e855bbd78e1a98ce4cf943d0d523f7e1f9e

Also, for anyone who needs it, here's a clean 2.0.1 image with only root + busybox (use backup/restore with this image):
    Download: http://www.sholes.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/virginoem-backup.zip
    md5sum: d5e24ab97e643a915a00d3a674e00776
    sha1sum: bbed9fb36b754128f6e105a70fb488160e133afb

(Note: Version 3a and 3b will properly backup files, even if you have Version 1 or 2 installed already, no need to backup any other files)

Side-note: If you're without adb and you're trying to update your recovery image, you can download the newest .img, use ASTRO to place it in the root /sdcard directory, then use a terminal emulator like ConnectBot, or something else of the like to run:

$ su
    # /data/local/flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-0.99.0b.img

Then reboot into recovery mode and you should be good.

Second side-note: I didn't optimize anything in optipng because that's silly as most of the pngs are already optimized. :)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  2. mach330

mach330 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    how do i get into sprecovery mode?

3. Berzerker

Berzerker Member

Ratings:
    +0
    sprecovery mode is the same thing as "recovery mode" with the sprecovery image installed. So interpret it as "reboot into recovery mode."

4. pandroid

pandroid Theme Developer Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    downloading...

looking forward to trying it. i was unable to get the new nexusone by the alldroid community working

edit: the original download kept kicking me an error with exit status 1. hope the new one youre working on doesnt

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  5. Berzerker

Berzerker Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It shouldn't. Make sure you're not cd'ed into any directories because it has to mount and unmount partitions, and it can't if you're inside a directory it's trying to unmount, like /sdcard or /system. Also, make sure you're using the "install" feature and not backing up from a nandroid backup.

I'm nearly completed with the upgraded version. It will not wipe /system, so you don't need to worry about any other hacks you made (the ROM install will also create a separate nandroid backup).

6. pandroid

Ratings:
    +0
    wish you didnt remove the link to the OG rom. i deleted the one i downloaded and dont mind a wipe. wanted to try the install again. or maybe give us an estimate on when the new one will be up

7. Berzerker

Berzerker Member

Ratings:
    +0
    New one is up! This requires the new 0.99.0b version of sprecovery! So please update!

Also, sorry for the long wait, lots of collaboration between SirPsychoS and I took place, so it was a long time in the making, but it's here!

(NOTE: Please re-read the OP. It contains different information/instructions than before)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  8. pandroid

Ratings:
    +0
    tried it, works great! thanks a lot

9. Corinacakes

Corinacakes DF Super Moderator Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    is this one choppy? does this stop ota updates? does it have the clear notification bar? i'm not going to try it because i'm too inexperienced/dumb but i just wanted to tell you that you guys amaze me with your brilliance:) good work:)

10. Berzerker

Berzerker Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not choppy at all, doesn't stop OTA, and no clear notification bar. It's very easy to accomplish if you follow the steps exactly.

11. Corinacakes

Corinacakes DF Super Moderator Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    omg berz that's so amazing. does it matter i've already installed the launcher/clock/gallery? do i need to remove them? i WAS rooted but re-installed the original manual update becuz i got lost on step 9 of the easy to install instructions lol. do i need to be rooted to do this or does it do the rooting for me?

12. Berzerker

Berzerker Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This requires you to root and install the custom recovery image yourself, but I've linked to the installation guide on sholes.info in the original post, the steps there are also clear as crystal.

13. DROIDsys

DROIDsys Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've changed the framework.res to give myself the transparent notification bar, will this erase it or should I revert back to the default one before installing this rom?

14. Berzerker

Berzerker Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It will not erase it. All this does is backup/replace certain apks in /system/app and a lib in /system/lib.

15. DROIDsys

DROIDsys Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Worked like a charm. Thank you very much for this post Berzerker!
    P.S. - Loving the new app drawer :icon_ banana:

Search tags for this page
forcing sprint zio update 2.01
how to get multitouch on android zio
how to unlock a sanyo zio
sanyo zio hacks

sanyo zio multitouch