1x!!!! No 3g???

OP
M

miretchin

Reaction score
Btw, my brother has a D2, and he had perfect 3g all the past few weeks. Would a droid two simply get better reception than an older phone? When I did have 3g before I lost it, my droid consistently lost 3g, every ten minutes or so, yet his droid two kept 3g. Does it have something to do with the hardware?

going vintage: the original DROID DOES!

wolfson1

Reaction score
Call Verizon. They can help you. Sounds like theres a problem in programming your phone.

Nogster

Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem.

I was running SimplyStunning for months with no issue then several days ago my 3g started crapping out. So I tried a different kernel. Then I tried a different rom (Sourcery). Same thing. I then reset to stock. No problem. I then installed SimplyStunning 4.95. 3g crapped out again. I'm now back to stock and going to test it out again today, if it works flawlessly again I'm going to root but not install a custom rom and see what happens. Nice (not for you) to see I'm not the only person getting this crap.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Wow, really? What a lot of trouble you went through when IMHO this is the most intellegent post in this thread:

Verizon has had horrible outrages in some areas with the introduction of LTE.

There was a reported 3g outage a few weeks ago.

good luck

OP
M

miretchin

Reaction score
Thank you for the help, guys, but 3g randomly cut back on. Hopefully, this post could serve as a resource of sorts to anyone who loses 3g like me, (although I'm sure there are better threads). However, at least for now, my problem is solved. Thanks guys!

going vintage: the original DROID DOES!