1x / 3g

rocket_girl

Reaction score
I am having more frequent service issues: a lot of bouncing from 3G to 1X as well as complete loss of service. Latter is mostly during dead of night - times I usually wouldn't know about except in unusual circumstances. Anyone else? I realize this is a network issue rather than a droid issue or Pro issue...I am just curious.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

Ride

Reaction score
Funny, been getting this as well over last 3 or so weeks, keeps bouncing between 3-4 bars 3g and 1x while in the same place.

On Friday it did this in the morning and by 11am I only had 20% left of battery. . . Checked batt stats and cell standby was 70% of batt consumption. . .with 17min of airtime.

I usually do 4hrs or so of talk time a day, with no batt issues.

Not phone tho, my wifes fascinate is doing the bounce as well lately

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

gottcha

Reaction score
Mine has been doing this for awhile...maybe a month or so. When reading the news pr watching a youtube vid it will go from 3-4 bars 3G to 1X and or completely lose service. Just today I had the roaming triangle show up! This is at a spot I would never have less that 3 bars 3G. I have been thinking it was just cell tower work bit now i'm not sure.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

bolts455

Reaction score
I've had the same exact problem. It happens at least once a week. When this happens, its rare that it goes to 3G to 1X. Instead it goes to completely to no service and the data roaming triangle will pop up in my notifications bar.

OP
R

rocket_girl

Reaction score
I've had the same exact problem. It happens at least once a week. When this happens, its rare that it goes to 3G to 1X. Instead it goes to completely to no service and the data roaming triangle will pop up in my notifications bar.

Yes...just like you said - often in dead of night (though this also happens in broad daylight).

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

bolts455

Reaction score
That is how it is for me too. It has happened quite a few times during the night hours. But, for me it's during peak hours of the day, such as noon.

gottcha

Reaction score
I just had to shut off my DX and turn it back on AND then wait about five minutes to check this forum!!!! I will be taking my phone in soon because this is irritating!!! I have full bars 3G and the phone is flying now. I have never had to reboot to get a signal back until this started happening.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums