1st time Droid user, have simple app question.

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by BKSinAZ, Jul 19, 2010.

1. BKSinAZ

BKSinAZ New Member

I am a brand new Droid/Android user. I just paid for the phone over the phone thru Verizon.com. They are back ordered, but I will have my phone inhand by August 5th. Anyway, on to my questions.

How do I get apps? Where is the BEST place to buy apps? I did to to Android Market and browsed (with computer) some apps, but did not see prices. I did browse the pay for section. Where can I view prices? Or must I have the phone to see prices?
  2. ShowTime

ShowTime New Member

It will be simple once you get your phone. You will simply click the Market app. All apps are available there, prices will be listed. You can sort apps by free/paid, or by type of app, or any number of other ways. Once you've found an app you want, you'll download and install it (very easy) and then it will be on your phone to use as you please.
  3. DanDroidX

DanDroidX New Member

When you 1st turn on your phone it will want you to enter your Gmail account username and password, so set one of those up on a computer ahead of time at www.gmail.com. Also, set up a Google Checkout account at www.checkout.google.com. Google Checkout will use the same login that you use for your email. It is similar to Paypal in security and features. Google checkout is how you pay for apps in the Android Marketplace. The Marketplace can be reached from an app which will be installed on your Droid, as stated by ShowTime. There are other places to download apps, but I not recommend most of them to anyone.

Hope this helped
  4. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach New Member

Most apps are free. Even the paid ones are usually only a dollar or two. You can try out any paid app for free and uninstall it within 24 hours for a full refund if you do not like it.
  5. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

If you go to AppBrain - the best Android apps and games on the Android market on your computer, you can see the apps available in the Android Market with prices. You can also set up an "account" and construct a wishlist of apps. When you get your phone, go to the Market and download the "appbrain" app. It will synchronize with your account on appbrain and provide an easier way to download the apps you want.
  6. takeshi

takeshi New Member

If the app you're looking to buy is in the Market then the Market. If not, then however it is that the dev sells/distributes the app.

And definitely check out AppBrain.
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2010