1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

1ghz OC reboot cycling

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Martin030908, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

I'm running Sholes 2.0.2. Running at 800mhz it's very very stable, so I decided to push it to 1ghz. Apparently my device can not handle the 1ghz OC. Phone goes into constant reboot cycle.
    I've done factory resets, reinstalled root and ROM, nandroid restores, etc with no luck.

No matter what I can't get 1ghz stable. Anyone else run into this running Sholes? Any ideas how to correct this or is my Droid just not gonna handle the 1ghz OC?
  2. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Bummer Martin. Just out of curiosity, I know you are a Sholes advocate, but if you REALLY want to know whether it is your phone or the ROM/software, go ALL THE WAY back to stock and try Bugless Beast 0.7.5 and see if it works. If it works then you know it's something with Sholes conflicting with your setup, if not, it might be your phone. I'll repost something I said from another thread:

3. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Been Running that same build for a week now at 1Ghz with zero problems...

Not sure what to tell ya..
  4. Martin030908

Just saw your post in that other thread. LOL. Yea I like Sholes, but I do think I'm gonna give BB a shot just to see if it's the hardware limiting me or the ROM. Thanks for the advice.
  5. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Yeah just follow my guide and if you need help, I'll be around most of the day refreshing my user CP so I can help out.
  6. gatewayad

gatewayad Guest

No running 1GHz very stable on 2.0.2 and have been for a week
    [​IMG]
  7. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Part of the problem is that we all have so many different apps that it's hard to tell what is conflicting with what.
  8. Martin030908

Tell me you're shipping your Droid to me so I can taste 1ghz?
  9. Martin030908

The OC to 800mhz is solid. Never one FC, nothing wrong. So I don't know if it's a conflict with anything because the only thing I changed was the max OC....
  10. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

True but perhaps something only fails at a higher speed or something. So many variables with these phones between hardware, OEM software, ROMs, and various apps.
  11. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

For example, when I was setting up my E8400 on my desktop that I referenced earlier, at 4GHz my computer failed at folding and stress test until I changed up some settings, but now I'm running 4.26GHz 24/7 365 with no issues....
  12. Martin030908

True... this gives me an idea. I'll try removing something to see it if changes.

edit: wasn't what I thought. No dice.
  13. miamidroid

miamidroid New Member

lol I saw your post on my thread, nice to know another martin on the forums.. Either way, i dont know what to tell you. Im having the same issues on my main droid and its driving me crazy. Im happy that Im atleast stuck at 1ghz though but seeing my other running 1.3ghz with no problems other than the cracked screen is kind of pissing me off..

I think its more of a conflict problem than a hardware. Somewhere along the line something is not matching up. If it were hardware related im sure it would atleast boot up and then have constant reboots or freezes but for it to stay in boot cycle tells me its a conflict somewhere. But what do I know im not a dev or even a linux guy
  14. Martin030908

Mine can 'break' the boot cycle, it'll load at 1ghz, but will freeze right away, or after navigating the home screens or trying to open an app, and thus the reboot starts again.
    I'm gonna load 2.0.3 and see if I have any better luck.

If no luck, I'm gonna start fiddling with apps, although I have nothing out of the ordinary, to see if maybe it's a conflict there. I want 1ghz. At least you're stuck there... I'm stuck at 800mhz
  15. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Why don't you guys go back to 800MHz, do a Nandroid backup. Then go all the way back to complete stock and re-root and everything following my BB guide and see if you can O/C to 1GHz. If so, great. The hard part is over and you can easily upgrade each BB just as easy as doing Sholes Updater. If not, you simply go back to your Sholes Nandroid backup knowing full well that your phone might just not be capable of going to 1GHz.
  16. miamidroid

miamidroid New Member

did you install the 7.5 with the update.zip?
  17. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Also keep in mind that you have had your phone for two months longer than I have had mine. There are possibilities that Motorola has slightly different processor builds that aren't public knowledge in that time frame.
  18. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

If you're talking to me, then yes I did. But I wouldn't go to BB straight from Sholes if you are already having problems. I would go back to stock first and go from scratch.
  19. Martin030908

Plan on it eventually. Right now I'm gonna try 2.0.3 at 1ghz to see if anything changes. If not then I'll give BB a run just to see if 1ghz is possible. Like you said, at least at that point I'll know if my Droid can handle it or not.
  20. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Yea, Checks in the Mail :icon_ banana: