1930 mAH battery

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Does this work with the stock battery cover?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

tlpalmer01

Reaction score
it comes with a door which i would use, as far as thickness u hardly notice, there is another thread where someone stated that they are using the original cover but its snug, i wouldnt recommend that cause of the heat of the battery, why not just use the door the battery came with....by the way the extended battery helps quite a bit for me....

OP
D

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
it comes with a door which i would use, as far as thickness u hardly notice, there is another thread where someone stated that they are using the original cover but its snug, i wouldnt recommend that cause of the heat of the battery, why not just use the door the battery came with....by the way the extended battery helps quite a bit for me....

But i'm not sure if my case will fit.

pigpen

Reaction score
I got the extended battery from the verizon site. i used the new cover that came with it, and its definitely makes the phone a little thicker, i cant use the case i got, it looks like a bodyglove unbranded case. i'm hoping the belt holster comes out soon so that i'll be able to use the new backing. I dont feel comfortable using the thicker battery with the original backing. Battery life is definitely worth the investment. Cost me $50 bucks for the 1930 mAH battery from the verizonwireless online site.

AZDroid09

Reaction score
I bought the extended battery and am very pleased with my first full day of use. I got 14 hours with 15% remaining with heavy use. This included things like syncing my iBird pro app(this was over an hour and a half of constant downloading of data for almost 1000 birds), web browsing, texting, minimal phone calls.

I also had sync and GPS on, wifi was on and off throughout the day. 5 email accounts, facebook, twitter, wordfeud, words with friends, google+, weatherbug, and more all constantly updating in the background and providing notifications. Oh and I also played with Pano and took/stitched several panoramic photos and used the regular camera to take a couple dozen pics with flash at an event last night.

I am quite happy with it, especially since it adds very little bulk to the phone.

afbeefcake

Reaction score
The extended battery and extended battery cover will fit with the verizion holster/case. I have and use both.

In fact the holdster/case box said right on it that it will work with the extended battery.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Using the extended battery with the stock battery cover is not a problem as they are describing above.. the cover fits pretty snug but its only making contact with the hard corners of the battery.. leaving a slight bulge in the middle... which is where the battery would swell if it got that hot... a battery this thin would swell maybe the thickness of a sheet of paper... and this flimsy plastic battery door will allow for that no problem without damaging the internals of the phone... I feel that motorola made the new battery cover for the extended battery because the old door will fit real tight and its a bich to get it back off again... I don't like the extended battery cover because it's actually too loose and I can feel it flexing when im typing on the keyboard... i've been using the original door with the extended battery from day one with no adverse effects and it keeps that rock solid DROID feel that I like... i'm a stickler for following motorola rules and not doing stupid things with my $450 device (like all this crazy talk about $15 aftermarket chargers on another thread)... but I don't think this one is an issue... the plastic is thin and flexible...lithium batteries do not swell as much as people are making it sound (you need a micrometer to measure that)... but I will say it is a fight to get that stock cover off if you ain't used to it... that bugger is nice and SNUG...

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
Using the extended battery with the stock battery cover is not a problem as they are describing above.. the cover fits pretty snug but its only making contact with the hard corners of the battery.. leaving a slight bulge in the middle... which is where the battery would swell if it got that hot... a battery this thin would swell maybe the thickness of a sheet of paper... and this flimsy plastic battery door will allow for that no problem without damaging the internals of the phone... I feel that motorola made the new battery cover for the extended battery because the old door will fit real tight and its a bich to get it back off again... I don't like the extended battery cover because it's actually too loose and I can feel it flexing when im typing on the keyboard... i've been using the original door with the extended battery from day one with no adverse effects and it keeps that rock solid DROID feel that I like... i'm a stickler for following motorola rules and not doing stupid things with my $450 device (like all this crazy talk about $15 aftermarket chargers on another thread)... but I don't think this one is an issue... the plastic is thin and flexible...lithium batteries do not swell as much as people are making it sound (you need a micrometer to measure that)... but I will say it is a fight to get that stock cover off if you ain't used to it... that bugger is nice and SNUG...

hmmm seinfeld

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

hmmm seinfeld

dancedroid

CM74DX