.181 Update - rooted phone, what do?

Nicktyelor

Reaction score
My phone has been rooted for awhile and I just received a notification today about the .181 update. Basically, what should I do? Do I need to unroot the phone? Just download the update? How do I unroot? Any change of procedure to re-root?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
My phone has been rooted for awhile and I just received a notification today about the .181 update. Basically, what should I do? Do I need to unroot the phone? Just download the update? How do I unroot? Any change of procedure to re-root?
What method did you use to root your phone? You should be able to use the same method to unroot it. If you used the Matt G's RazrUtility there is an unroot option, just select that and unroot your phone. Then go to menu>settings>about phone and check for updates...you should be able to get the OTA update then assuming you have not deleted any system apps. If you deleted system apps you will most likely have to revert back to stock .173 either using RSD lite or the RazrUtility that I referenced above.

OP
N

Nicktyelor

Reaction score
I used the root provided in this thread The root file was called motofail_windows or something like that and I didn't see any info about unrooting it. I just want to get it back to stock so I can update to .181 and then re-root. I'm quite a noob with my Razr (first android device) so step by step explanation would really help. Thanks!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used the root provided in this thread The root file was called motofail_windows or something like that and I didn't see any info about unrooting it. I just want to get it back to stock so I can update to .181 and then re-root. I'm quite a noob with my Razr (first android device) so step by step explanation would really help. Thanks!

Disregard...ooops AGAIN!

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->
Tapped via Red Xparent Pro>:-!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would've just gotten voodoo root keeper from market.. simple and restores root after update..it will save su backup.. unroot then restore root when updated..

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->