18 Updates found!

A

apeshitninja

Why is there no 'download all' functionality? I have a lot of apps out of date simply because I don't feel like sitting there and clicking 'update' on all of them.

I love the Droid, there are just little things that I notice here and there...

Monstrosity

Reaction score
Why is there no 'download all' functionality? I have a lot of apps out of date simply because I don't feel like sitting there and clicking 'update' on all of them.

I love the Droid, there are just little things that I notice here and there...
It's a new phone, some things are forgotten.

I'm sure theres a way to suggest this to them.

lemodular

Reaction score
I think there's an app for that. I read it somewhere, but forgot, sorry.

JayMonster

Reaction score
First of all this is an Android Marketplace issue and not a Droid issue specifically.

Second, the general reason for this is that each installation informs you of what access the application requires and you must approve this. You cannot do this with an "Update All" function.

Now the usual argument is, "but I already approved the application when I installed it." and that is true. However, subsequent updates could require new or additional rights to certain features that it did not require when you installed it. Thus you need to approve it during an update.

Moondonkey

Reaction score
It doesn't really bother me that much.

In fact.. call me a geek... but I kind of like to see what changes they make in the updates, so I know what my software is capable of.

But I can see how some people would want an update all feature. I agree with Jay's point though. If they had an update all feature it would need to flag the apps that are trying to change their access privileges.

brianr0131

Reaction score
First of all this is an Android Marketplace issue and not a Droid issue specifically.

Second, the general reason for this is that each installation informs you of what access the application requires and you must approve this. You cannot do this with an "Update All" function.

Now the usual argument is, "but I already approved the application when I installed it." and that is true. However, subsequent updates could require new or additional rights to certain features that it did not require when you installed it. Thus you need to approve it during an update.

Well said. I hadn't thought of that.