1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

16973 malware?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by travistee, Jan 19, 2014.

1. travistee

travistee New Member

I checked my data usage and I noticed that something called 16973 has downloaded 2.5 megabytes of data in the background. I did a google search and found that there is a 16973 type of Trojan.does anybody know what this could be on the Android and how to get rid of it.

I set it to restrict background data. Maybe that could stop it as a workaround.

I ran a scan in Lookout (like AVG or Avast) but it didn't find anything.
  2. leeshor

leeshor Super Moderator Staff Member

I suggest downloading something like AVG or AVAST and do a scan.
  3. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

Any apps you recently downloaded?

Since you ran a virus scan and it picked up nothing, I'd try a few other scanners and if those don't pick up anything I'd opt for a factory reset.
  4. travistee

travistee New Member

tried a AVG and Zoner and they didn't find anything. Do you know if that really is a malware.

I originally found it going through the usage under data. It was in the list of programs that downloaded bandwidth. It showed that the download was in the background.

16953 has an android image in data usage.
    Does that mean its a system process? Or could it be malware?