160 character limit and .04 Froya question..

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by xythil, Jul 20, 2010.

1. xythil

xythil Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have two questions.

1) 160 character limit for texts? Ive sent MASSIVE texts with my droid well over 160 characters and never gotten a "messages sent to non-vzw customers with graphics/tones/formatting and/or 160+ characters are sent as plain text with only the first 160 characters" message like I use to get on my Env Touch..

Is my droid automatically converting to MMS? Or are my messages be cut off and I just dont know it?

2) Is it worht it to go from .03 to .04 Bugless Froya? I don't really want to wipe and reinstall all my stuff again... what exactly is changed? Is it that much better?

2. BuglessFan

BuglessFan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For the texts, I have no idea what happens with the default messaging app. With Handcent SMS you can choose what it does when splitting them into multiple texts (Raw Split, word split, truncate, give message counts, etc). BTW, there is a thing called e-mail ;)

3. stetsonaw

stetsonaw Beta Team/Marty McFly
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    as far as your v0.3->v0.4 question... i'd hold off, pete is working on v0.5 with the new source FRG01B.

4. USCChem

USCChem Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I believe the Droid splits longs texts. It will show a small notification at the bottom if it converts something to an MMS. (Small grey box saying "Converting to multimedia message..." or something. You can see what it looks like by hitting menu and adding a subject to an SMS).

Search tags for this page

160-character limit galzxy s4

how to fix sms 160 characters limit on galaxy s3

set up 160 character limit on droidx