16 or 32 meg?

frocco

Reaction score
Hello

What is the difference between 16 and 32 meg versions?
Is this internal memory or scard?
Verizon is telling me two different stories.

Thanks

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
It's supposed to be all internal memory, either 16GB or 32GB. But I have read where some people ordered a 32GB version and received one that had 16GB internal plus a 16GB microSD card. Verizon tried to pass this off as being acceptable (I think it was just their way of dealing with the initial 32GB shortage), but it's not in the slightest. If you receive one of those, many people have successfully been able to return it for one that has 32GB of internal memory.

OP
F

frocco

Reaction score
Well, they lied to me.
I purchased the 16meg one.

Is it worth the trouble to return it and get the 32?

Also, how do I change my email address on this forum?

Thanks

Reaction score
You can just get a nice big sd card and you'll be fine. You might not even need a big sd, I have a 32gb phone and 32gb sd card and it is defiantly overkill.

OP
F

frocco

Reaction score
Ok, I just thought since they told me no difference, I should exchange it.

Also they told me to add a line to get the update as I am not eligible until June.

I sold my 4s, and just planned to spend the difference.

I hate contracts.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
They probably said no difference assuming you knew what gigabytes meant.

It's actually 16 and 32gb, not megabit, which refers to the amount of internal memory. But I don't think it comes with an SD card, have to use your own.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Correct.
I have the 16gb myself and threw in my own 16gb sd card. It's much cheaper to buy the 16gb model, and purchase your own micro sd card.
Good luck! :D

tap'n

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It's supposed to be all internal memory, either 16GB or 32GB. But I have read where some people ordered a 32GB version and received one that had 16GB internal plus a 16GB microSD card. Verizon tried to pass this off as being acceptable (I think it was just their way of dealing with the initial 32GB shortage), but it's not in the slightest. If you receive one of those, many people have successfully been able to return it for one that has 32GB of internal memory.

What he^^ said.. the one I almost bought was a pebble blue 32 gig.. before SD.. which it wouldn't have come with..

OP
F

frocco

Reaction score
I just looked on the Verizon website and it says 32 gb of internal .

So for 50 dollars more, I would have liked to have gotten this.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
If you install a lot of large apps (particularly games), and you don't like to root, the 32GB model would be preferable since you can't move apps to the SD card natively on the S3 (and on several other recent Android phones). But if you like to have a lot of room for music, videos, pictures, and other personal files, and don't install a lot of apps that take up a ton of space, getting the 16GB and putting that $50 towards a 64GB microSD card would be the way to go.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If you install a lot of large apps (particularly games), and you don't like to root, the 32GB model would be preferable since you can't move apps to the SD card natively on the S3 (and on several other recent Android phones). But if you like to have a lot of room for music, videos, pictures, and other personal files, and don't install a lot of apps that take up a ton of space, getting the 16GB and putting that $50 towards a 64GB microSD card would be the way to go.

He's wise^^^ :hail::hail::hail:

MailboxHead

Reaction score
ACK!! I wish I'd seen this before I got my phone! The lady at the Verizon store convinced me that I was insane (I really felt like a total idiot by the time she was done) and that they didn't make a 32 GB model, that all of them were 16 GB + the 16 GB SD cards. Now I've spent all weekend customizing and falling in love with my phone, and I feel like I have to return it on principle now :p At least they didn't con me into $50 on the 16 GB card so I have a little dignity left... though I have to buy a new screen protector now... Ack I say!!

Reaction score
ACK!! I wish I'd seen this before I got my phone! The lady at the Verizon store convinced me that I was insane (I really felt like a total idiot by the time she was done) and that they didn't make a 32 GB model, that all of them were 16 GB + the 16 GB SD cards. Now I've spent all weekend customizing and falling in love with my phone, and I feel like I have to return it on principle now :p At least they didn't con me into $50 on the 16 GB card so I have a little dignity left... though I have to buy a new screen protector now... Ack I say!!

they must have been sold out of the 32gb model and still wanted to make sales, ive heard of them doing that before.