1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

16 gig?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by preycise, Apr 30, 2010.

1. preycise

preycise New Member

I got a 16 gig memory card with my Droid but I'm still short on my memory after 1 day of texting. Am I not doing something right?
  2. RinTinTigger

RinTinTigger Premium Member Premium Member

Which memory information did you use?
    Did it say Internal Memory? Or SD Card memory?

Can u hand in a screenshot as well?
  3. preycise

preycise New Member

I just can't find any option to save anything to my memory card. It just saves everything to my phones internal memory
  4. ggodat

ggodat New Member

did you format the card? I had to format then everything got saved to it.
  5. hobby31

hobby31 Member

Sorry to tell you, unless you are running a rooting phone, using a ROM that allows apps2sd, you are stuck with the internal memory. How many apps to you have installed? Go to "settings-sd card and internal storage" and it should show you how much internal memory you have left. All apps and their memory is stored on internal memory. The sd card only stores pictures, music, and misc. stuff that apps put there. I've ran into this problem before and the only way to get around it was to uninstall some apps and make more room. This should be fixed with 2.2 as it will have apps2sd built into the system.
Search tags for this page

how much is 16 gig? droid