16 / 32 / 64 - Which one for you?

OP
DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
When people say they need more storage for their music i just think its funny, you might have gb on gb of music but how much do you actually listen to? Do you really need those songs that you really liked in the 90's?

there's not a single gigabyte of music from the 90s worth listening to. the 70's, now that's another story. :) 351 gigs on my hdd.

jseah

Reaction score
so far no carrier has announced anything bigger than 16gb and i wouldn't count on it the s3 was only 16gb in the us i think and because of the sd card it doesnt matter for most people and thats what samsung cares about, most people not specific people besides the 64gb expandable should be more than enough

Verizon offered the 32 GB as well, but no one bought it, so they discontinued it after about 6 months. It's pretty evident that people are more interested in price than in memory capacity. Even when you look at the iPhone, with no memory card slot, when a new model is released, the cheapest variant with the smallest memory is, by majority, the one that sells out first.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon is not going to offer a 32 gig s4. They have tried 32 gig models in the past and nobody wanted to buy them. I have a 32 gigabyte SD card though.

Sent from my VZW Samsung Galaxy S4.

OP
DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
I highly doubt you listen to all 351 gigs

Sure I do! :)

I calculated one time how long they would play on random before a repeat. 24/7 for several weeks. LOL. My goal is a petabyte of music. One day! :)

OP
DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Verizon is not going to offer a 32 gig s4. They have tried 32 gig models in the past and nobody wanted to buy them. I have a 32 gigabyte SD card though.

Sent from my VZW Samsung Galaxy S4.

Yeah, I think you're right; only the 16 gig model for verizon. I've been checking amazon and newegg. Class 10 32 gig micro SD cards are about 25 bucks or so. Gonna get one before my s4 drops.

steeletown

Reaction score

Sent from my VZW Samsung Galaxy S4.[/QUOTE

For what it's worth,I spoke to 2 verizon reps and they both said all three models will be available on May 30th. We all know not to take the word of reps though.

themuttt

Reaction score

Sent from my VZW Samsung Galaxy S4.[/QUOTE

For what it's worth,I spoke to 2 verizon reps and they both said all three models will be available on May 30th. We all know not to take the word of reps though.
then why can you only preorder the 16G? I am going with the 16G and a 64G card, probably way overkill, but for the probably difference of the 16 to the 32, you can get the 64G card, so why not? I find it odd that Verizon would do the 32 or 64 since they seemed to have a hard time selling the S3 in 32G, but logic and Verizon never seem to go together, so who knows

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
The latest mailer from VZW says $199 for the 16gb model with a $50 rebate. So the 32gb will probably be somewhere around $250.

Semaj

Reaction score
I'm stuck between the S4 and the Note 2. I've read Verizon will only offer the 16gb version; however, I did read today about complaints coming out of the U.K. that you only have access to approximately 8gb due to the software storage taking space on the S4.