16 / 32 / 64 - Which one for you?

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
I've pretty much decided on the S4 (salivating over the 5" 1080p) to replace my Bionic. I'll probably go for the largest capacity available upon release. Hoping the 64 will be available; anyone got a guess as to if it'll come out along side the 16 and what the priced differences will be? I'm guessing +50 for the 32 and +100 for the 64.

Discuss.

BzB

Reaction score
this phone takes sd cards and sd storage is pretty cheap these days. i could see myself going with a 16 or 32 s4 and then using my 32gb sd card. i think it will come down to pricing and availability...or whichever variant is available first. :)

jspradling7

Reaction score
16 would be alright for me but if there's a 32 sitting there I'd choose it first.

As long as it has that SD slot, I'm good. These other new devices that come out without SD slots will not get my business as long as I can get a phone that does.

Scimino

Reaction score
Samsung is making a 64 gig s4? Wow. I just don't understand why they made a 32 gig s3 and discontinued it. Or am I wrong? Just seems ironic.

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Since I currently have a Bionic with 8gb onboard and 16gb SD card, with neither being anywhere close to being filled, I'll probably go with the 16 and pick up a 32gb card. Admittedly, I don't keep music (80gb iPod) or videos/movies on the device so I'll always have plenty of room.

jseah

Reaction score
It depends on the pricing. I will probably get the 32 GB, but may spring for the 64 GB if the pricing is not too much higher. The problem with JB and later Android OS'es is that you can no longer install apps onto the SD card. So the larger capacity will allow you to install more apps.

MakoSDV

Reaction score
16gb internal plus an SD card. My Droid 1 has a 16gb SD card and that's not even full, just the internal 250mb is giving me issues.

BLeClair12

Reaction score
Since I currently have a Bionic with 8gb onboard and 16gb SD card, with neither being anywhere close to being filled, I'll probably go with the 16 and pick up a 32gb card. Admittedly, I don't keep music (80gb iPod) or videos/movies on the device so I'll always have plenty of room.

Yep. 16 on board is plenty for me. I'll throw the Bionic's 16gb SD card into the S4 and be more than covered with 32gb total.

Lucas5

Reaction score
i bought mine with 16GB and added a 64GB sd from my old phone. if an sd card weren't an option than i'd definitely want a 64gb version. i like loading up a lot of my music on it. i'm not a fan of cloud storage except for small files.

jseah

Reaction score
The problem is that Verizon is only offering the 16 GB for pre-order. At this point, we don't even know if Verizon will eventually offer either the 32 or 64 GB models.

And we also know now that with 16 GB on board, once you consider the OS and the protected memory, stock will have less than half of the 16 GB available.

BzB

Reaction score
The problem is that Verizon is only offering the 16 GB for pre-order. At this point, we don't even know if Verizon will eventually offer either the 32 or 64 GB models.

And we also know now that with 16 GB on board, once you consider the OS and the protected memory, stock will have less than half of the 16 GB available.

the 16gb internal storage (which is really around 9gb) will be more than enough storage space if you add a sd card. internal storage can be used for apps and sd card for media and files.

jcoppola33

Reaction score
i bought mine with 16GB and added a 64GB sd from my old phone. if an sd card weren't an option than i'd definitely want a 64gb version. i like loading up a lot of my music on it. i'm not a fan of cloud storage except for small files.
so far no carrier has announced anything bigger than 16gb and i wouldn't count on it the s3 was only 16gb in the us i think and because of the sd card it doesnt matter for most people and thats what samsung cares about, most people not specific people besides the 64gb expandable should be more than enough

jcoppola33

Reaction score
When people say they need more storage for their music i just think its funny, you might have gb on gb of music but how much do you actually listen to? Do you really need those songs that you really liked in the 90's?