1500 mah batterys on ebay any good?

GahhItsLee

Reaction score
I saw on ebay there are 1500 mah batterys that come two for like $10 with a desk charger. Are these any good? Are they safe for the phone and everything? (Im basically just asking for people who already have them)

P.S. Whats the biggest battery i can get to keep the stock back piece? I really like the speck case and plan on getting one
Also the silicone cases verizon sells ( http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=accessoryDetails&archetypeId=12058 )
Does anyone know if thats like other silicones cases and really thin or if its kind of like a speck case?
Sorry my post is scattered but i didnt wanna open different threads as most forums get annoyed with that

Last edited:

mauiblue

Reaction score
I always say, you get what you pay for. I used to buy a lot off eGay but recently closed my account there. Rather do Amazon anyways. Good luck.

OP
G

GahhItsLee

Reaction score
Yea I kinda figure its you get what you pay for but i have gotten really lucky on ebay and gotten ALOT more then a paid for i guess im being hopeful here

egobuster1

Reaction score
i picked up the HTC 1500 battery that was for like the evo or something and it was so so but i just recently ordered the 1750 seidio one

freddie

Reaction score
I got 2 HTC 1500mah TP2 batteries, and a battery charger. I only paid like $12 shipped or something from China, but I wouldn't do it again. Everyone talked about how they fit.. but mine were thicker than the stock battery, and wouldn't allow the battery cover to snap on as easily. It literally looks like the battery is bulging out from behind the battery cover.

atthehop

Reaction score
I got two of them and they work fine. It may depend on who you get them from and who they get them from. Maybe the knock off guys are knocking off the knock offs.

mikehal38

Reaction score
I just ordered a Droid 1 battery and charger from eBay. I'll let you know how it goes. The way I look at it is I spent $10 and if it works then great. If it doesn't work then oh well I'm out $10. Its always a gamble on eBay. I've had very good luck in the past though.

atthehop

Reaction score
I just ordered a Droid 1 battery and charger from eBay. I'll let you know how it goes. The way I look at it is I spent $10 and if it works then great. If it doesn't work then oh well I'm out $10. Its always a gamble on eBay. I've had very good luck in the past though.

Same here, most times a small investment pays off. Now spending big money on eBay. No way, I need to hold it before I buy it unless it's from a reputable site I purchased from in the past.

OP
G

GahhItsLee

Reaction score
Basically im gonna order them if they work like a 1500 mah battery should... Im sure that sounds dumb but i mean my stock battery lasts me all day and i figure with one with a little more juice i could probably keep my 3g on all day too

mikehal38

Reaction score
Ok i received my battery and charger yesterday for my droid 1 and i have to say that so far this thing is well worth the $10 investment. The charger seems well made. It shuts off when the battery is fully charged so you dont have to worry about over charging. The battery lasted just as long as my original from Motorola. One thing that makes me happy is that now i can use my droid the way it was meant to be used. i no longer have to turn everything off and worry about my battery life because i have my backup charged and ready to go if need be. Now the real question will be if this battery lasts or if it will crap out in a month lol. We'll see....

OP
G

GahhItsLee

Reaction score
Good luck i ordered my 1800 and it should be here... Eventually heres to hoping its worth the $6

anewday

Reaction score
Ok i received my battery and charger yesterday for my droid 1 and i have to say that so far this thing is well worth the $10 investment. The charger seems well made. It shuts off when the battery is fully charged so you dont have to worry about over charging. The battery lasted just as long as my original from Motorola. One thing that makes me happy is that now i can use my droid the way it was meant to be used. i no longer have to turn everything off and worry about my battery life because i have my backup charged and ready to go if need be. Now the real question will be if this battery lasts or if it will crap out in a month lol. We'll see....
What's the seller's name? Does the Droid display the battery percentage accurately?

Last edited:

mikehal38

Reaction score
What's the seller's name? Does the Droid display the battery percentage accurately?

I'll have to check the seller for you when I get home. The battery percentage is not accurate, you have to reboot the phone once it gets down to 5% and then it will jump back up to 50%. I was getting about 12 hours on the ebay battery which was plenty for me since it was a backup. I don't have the phone anymore though I got a droid x now and am looking into getting a spare battery for it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App