13 year old runs up Verizon bill to $22,000

Zenmervolt

Reaction score
1.4 million Kb...

So at 1,024Kb per Mb, that gives us 1,367Mb.

Further math shows that it comes out to be $16.03 per megabyte? I haven't checked so I wouldn't know for sure, but... that just seems outrageous.

That works out to about 1.5 cents ($0.015) per kilobyte. Seems about right to me.

Dream

Reaction score
You would think they would have some kind of cap, 22k bill is freekin just nuts.

Squidpoker

Reaction score
What was the father thinking giving a 13 year old a phone!!

i dont see this an issue... im 29 and have had a cellphone since i was a freshman(14 years old) in highschool back in the mid 90's. I have 2 cousins 1 is 12 and the other is 9 and they both have cellphones.

You've had a cell phone since 1994? Most kids in my school didn't even have one in 2001 - I remember on September 11th, I was one of the few kids that had a cell phone. Are you some kind of rich kid?

Btw, the year you claim to have had a cell phone, 1994, was the year Pulp Fiction was released and it was sort of a big deal that the Gangster Vincent Vega (John Travolta) had a *CAR* phone, not even a cell phone.

So, what is the truth?

LOL I was thinking the same thing.....was cell phones even available back then:/ I'm 28 and back in those days I had a pager lol don't even remember if there were cell phones.....

P8ntballer789

Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHA wow that really sucks. it was nice of verizon to credit his account. imagine actually having to pay that...

acturbo

Reaction score
i dont see this an issue... im 29 and have had a cellphone since i was a freshman(14 years old) in highschool back in the mid 90's. I have 2 cousins 1 is 12 and the other is 9 and they both have cellphones.

You've had a cell phone since 1994? Most kids in my school didn't even have one in 2001 - I remember on September 11th, I was one of the few kids that had a cell phone. Are you some kind of rich kid?

Btw, the year you claim to have had a cell phone, 1994, was the year Pulp Fiction was released and it was sort of a big deal that the Gangster Vincent Vega (John Travolta) had a *CAR* phone, not even a cell phone.

So, what is the truth?

LOL I was thinking the same thing.....was cell phones even available back then:/ I'm 28 and back in those days I had a pager lol don't even remember if there were cell phones.....

Well I am 29 as well and had my first cell phone when I was 17. It was a ghastly huge brick flip phone that barely(and I mean barley) fit in my pocket. I could barely use the thing because of all the fees from back in the day. I do recall being one of the few people in my school that actually had a cell phone. I can see it possible that he had a cell but not likely. If it was it would have been something like the Zack Morris phone or larger.