128GB Google Pixel XL shipments delayed until December 26th by Verizon!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
delaypix.png

Well more bad news for us waiting on The Pixel XL 128 GB Version from Verizon. It is delayed again now until December 26th. Yesterday in BJ's Wholesale a Verizon Rep told me that he was told January will be the earliest to get the Device. So far I have not received any Text or Emails from Verizon about my Pixel XL Others are reporting that they received a Text about the with the new date as seen above. I am really thinking about canceling my pre-order and going for the LG-V20. As soon as I get my update I will fill you guys in.

Source

Last edited:

Beardface

Reaction score
Phew, must have just made the cutoff this morning. Purchased the 128GB Pixel XL in black on the Google website right after I woke up, and now its completely sold out. My order says it ships middle of next week.

There are still 32GB versions available at the Google website if you are so inclined.

Correction: The Pixel XL is now completely sold out again

Last edited:

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
They have to get a hold of this problem. I'm actually in the market for a Pixel XL 128GB. If I can't get one easily by February I'm just going to hold out. I'm not that upset with my Nexus 6, and the next generation of phones start appearing in April. On top of that, I want wireless charging and water resistance.

This is unheard of... I haven't purchased a new phone in over 2 years and I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I had to go trade in a device to Verizon yesterday and the rep helping me said he's gotta wait for his XL til then too.

I didn't think the Pixel was that popular to be honest. Other than mine I haven't seen it out in the wild. Unless everyone that has one uses a case.

Glad to hear this phone is such a success though, it's awesome. Even though I have the regular Pixel

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I had to go trade in a device to Verizon yesterday and the rep helping me said he's gotta wait for his XL til then too.

I didn't think the Pixel was that popular to be honest. Other than mine I haven't seen it out in the wild. Unless everyone that has one uses a case.

Glad to hear this phone is such a success though, it's awesome. Even though I have the regular Pixel
"It's only on Verizon" so I'm sure their CSRs are pushing it hard and people are seeing ads as well.

Beardface

Reaction score
"It's only on Verizon" so I'm sure their CSRs are pushing it hard and people are seeing ads as well.
Beyond that, I actually get the feeling that Google is completely McRib'ing this and holding back their Supply to keep Demand high. I mean, unless they blew through their entire inventory that would have gotten them through the Christmas season on their launch day, I find it difficult to believe they haven't been able to get these out to the public en masse, yet.

And the "only on Verizon" still cracks me up. Yeah, "only on Verizon" can you get suckered into a payment plan that doesn't end once its paid off. Of course, you can buy through Google and take it to whatever network you want, but that's beside the point.

Amagine

Reaction score
And this is why many people are such big advocates of expandable storage options. Had that been and option, many could have gone for another Pixel and then bought an SDcard to expand the storage to where they were most comfortable.

Anomander

Reaction score
Rather glad I canceled my order and went with the V20. Especially since Verizon canceled my order the first time (back in October) and I had to reorder only to find out it was going to be delivered in December.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Paul_Aris

Reaction score
Mine still says ship date 12/2 on my verizon

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Paul_Aris

Reaction score
Mine is still saying November 11th!

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
And you Haven't got it? If mine dont get shipped by the second I may switch to an on stock brand.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
And you Haven't got it? If mine dont get shipped by the second I may switch to an on stock brand.

On the November 11th I got an email from Verizon saying the November 26th. The 26th was Saturday. There has been no update. No email or Text. It is still saying processing. And have my original 11th date.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
People who are buying the Pixel XL, it's no different then what happens everything a phone is released from google. The last phone I bought was the Nexus 6 and from the very start of the pre-order it was unavailable. I was constantly going to the GPS and Motorola when I saw rumors of the phone being in stock. It was a good 3 months before I was able to buy it.