[ROM] [12-11-11][ROM] InfinityROM

Discussion in 'Droid Charge Development' started by imnuts, Dec 6, 2011.

1. imnuts

imnuts Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    NOTE: I will support this here as well, and am posting here so others can see the ROM as well. However, I will keep the post and information more up-to-date on Rootzwiki. I don't have time to browse through a bunch of different forums for support questions and other requests, so please keep that in mind when posting here.

With that being said, here is what you've been waiting for. This is the continuation of the last InfinityROM that was created based on the EP1W leak. A lot has changed since then, way to much to go through and update in the posts of the previous topic, so we are starting out fresh. This ROM is based on the official OTA that just recently got sent out to DROID Charge users everywhere. From there, it went through a major weight loss session, and got a full make over to get the wonderful orange and brown stock color scheme out. Much of the theming work was originally done by Retrokid223, and has been brought into this new ROM by myself. We went for a TouchWiz 4 look from the SGS2, mainly because it is currently the look that I like.

To go through a brief history of what this ROM has gone through to get to its current release state, here is a slight Cliff Notes run-down. I took the update and went from EE4 to EP4D. I then dumped the stock ROM from my phone and deodexed it. From there, I went to work taking out a bunch of stuff that people don't want, and things that are easily installed from the market. After that, I replaced a small handful of TouchWiz apps with their AOSP equivalents, and rethemed everything, updating icons and images as needed from newer SGS2 and also SGS ROMs that have been released into the wild since EP1W came out. A few tasteful mods have also been added, and from here, TSM Parts will follow shortly.

This ROM is mainly so people can continue to use InfinityROM and the latest update without having the ugly stock color scheme. I will try to keep a TSM Parts free version updated as changes are made, but not everything will remain free of TSM parts changes forever. This initial release does not have anything major TSM additions in it yet, but those are on their way for the people that want them (myself included). Many apps have remained stock, though they have been rethemed to ditch the stock color scheme. The reason for this is to keep the added functionality of the TouchWiz versions, cause the AOSP versions of many of the apps are lacking in the usability department. Stuff that has been replaced has been from a stock, deodexed dump of 2.3.7 from the Nexus S.

To go with the great ROM, is a great repacked kernel. Since you can only do so much to a stock kernel when repacking it, I kept the EP4P kernel from the last test version of the ROM with the current update. This will be replaced in the coming weeks once I can get a source built kernel going. There are only minor changes to the kernel that is included, so it's nothing really special, but it gets the job done.

Screenshots will be added at a later date, along with what are likely to be several additions that users can put into the ROM (stock keyboards and other items). For now, this is what you get, and stay tuned for future updates, as there is more to come.

Installation Instructions
    1. Backup your current ROM and Data before flashing
    2. Download the ROM package and transfer it to your SD Card
    3. Flash CWM if you have not already done so, then restart your phone into recovery
    4. Select the ROM that you downloaded and flash it. NOTE - the package will auto-format your partitions to ext4 wiping all data in the process
    5. Restart your phone, and enjoy :)

Downloads
    1211 Infinity
    1211 Infinity, EXT4 Formatter
    1211 Infinity w/TSM Parts
    1211 Infinity w/TSM Parts, EXT4 Formatter

1204 - Initial Release

Add On Packages and Other Files
    Accurate Battery
    TW4 Widgets

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  2. imnuts

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks
    jt1134 - for helping me get started with development
    sbrissen - for TSM Parts and all his smali help
    Retrokid223 - for the initial theme work that was used
    Miscellaneous Helpers and People that Deserve Thanks Anyway
    OMJ
    Adrynalyne
    nitsuj17
    chopperthedog
    KhasMek
    poitee
    supercurio
    The rest of TeamSbrissenMod

Changelog
    A few framework changes (framework.jar mainly)
    TSM Version Added
    TouchWiz4 Launcher replaces TouchWiz3 Launcher
    Google Music replaces TW Music Player
    CRT On/Off animations added
    TW4 Widgets available for those that want them

Initial Release
    Based on EP4D OTA
    Deodexed
    Debloated
    Zip Aligned
    Re-themed to mimic/match the TouchWiz4 theme of the SGSII
    AOSP Browser, Desk Clock, Setup Wizard, Genie Widget
    CM Wallpapers and MMS
    Camera MOD - credit substanceD from XDA
    Minor other tweaks
    Currently is running my hacked EP4P kernel. This will change when I can build kernels from source.

Screenshots
    Upcoming

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  3. imnuts

Ratings:
    +0
    Frequently Asked Questions
    How do I get root access?
    Download and install Superuser from the market. The su binary that is required should already be there via the kernel, all that is required is its complimentary application.

How do I install the ROM?
    See the first post of this thread.

How do I go from XXX to this ROM?
    The fastest way to go to this ROM from anything is by downloading and flashing the ROM+Kernel on EXT4 package. That will format your partitions to EXT4 and then install the kernel and ROM. Note that this will wipe all of your user data in the process, so be sure to backup anything you may want prior to flashing.

Where is Gmail, YouTube, Maps, etc.
    All Google applications were removed from the ROM. This was to make sure that you are running an up-to-date version on your device and it also saves some bandwidth when the ROM is downloaded.

Does this kernel support Voodoo?
    The kernel does not use the Voodoo Lagfix functions. However, it does fully support EXT4 partitions. Voodoo Lagfix is meant so partitions can be converted to and from RFS/EXT4. To do this, the boot process is slowed down for partition checks and conversion. To avoid this, I just enabled EXT4 support so you can still reap the benefits of the improved read/write capabilities without having to wait for the phone to boot up.

Voodoo sound is another matter entirely and can be enabled (in part) by using Voodoo Control Plus. This will allow you to load a beta Voodoo Sound driver that supports many of the functions of Voodoo Sound. Until source code is release for Gingerbread though, full Voodoo Sound support will be unavailable.

Does this kernel support overclocking?
    No it does not. Source code will need to be released before many features, such as overclocking can be included.

Do you have plans to include XXX in your ROM?
    The current plans for this ROM are to bring in TSM parts, and any updates to that it receives as well. There may be some other updates outside of TSM Parts, but currently, there are no other major plans. If you would like to see something included, please link to what you would like and it will be taken into consideration.

I am having xxx issue, can you fix it?
    We can certainly try, however, we will need some information from you first. In order to fix a problem, we need as much information as possible from you about it. Please provide details of the issue, such as the application name you are having problems with. If you can reproduce the issue consistently, provide the details on how to do so, that way we can attempt to recreate it ourselves. If it is a graphical glitch, try to get a screenshot of the problem, or a regular camera picture. The most valuable information you can provide is logcat output, see below on capturing a good log for us.

How can I get a good log of a problem I am having?
    There are two methods you can use to get a log for us. The easiest method is to use aLogcat from the market. An alternative method is to use adb on your computer. If you do not know how to save the adb output from logcat to a text file, I recommend using aLogcat. Once you are ready to capture a log, start logcat from adb, or aLogcat. With the log still running in the background, recreate your issue several times (3 to 4 times should be sufficient). Once you have recreated the issue multiple times, stop the logging and save the log file. With aLogcat, it will be saved to your SDCard. Then, take your log output and send it to us, preferably via PM. The reason we request via PM is that sometimes, logcat can capture personal information, such as your email address or phone number. Rest assured that we have no interest in this and will use the output strictly as a debugging tool to help fix whatever issue you are reporting. We hate spam just as much as you do. I have also attempted to remove as much of the debugging output of personal information as possible, but I can't catch everything. In any event, I still recommend learning to use logcat from the Android SDK, as it is an invaluable tool.

Also, if you are reporting a graphical bug (something that needs themed), please get a screenshot of what you see that needs changed. Note that we cannot change everything. If it is from an application that is not included with the ROM, it may be much harder to fix the problem as sometimes apps do not pull their color information from the ROM and hard code their own colors. This is most noticeable in the quick panel notifications. However, it is still possible that something was missed, so feel free to submit reports of anything that you feel has yet to be themed.

Help, I restarted into recovery and lost all of my data!
    This is an issue that affects people randomly. My opinion is that you can deal with it for the time being. I recommend using a good backup solution that doesn't involve recovery. I say this because I test ROMs and have had my data wiped hundreds of times due to testing over the past several weeks. If I can deal with resetting everything all the time as the developer, you, as the user, should also be able to make due until a permanent solution can be found.

How can I thank you for your work?
    Just click the thanks button on our posts. We do this for fun, but if you wish to a monetary donation, click the Donate button by my Profile Picture.

How can I get XXX app to vibrate on new notifications?
    It seems that some applications are ignoring the global vibrate notification setting. To fix this, go into the application and press the menu button and go to settings (or however you get to the application settings). Find the notification settings, and turn on vibrate. It seems that messaging is the biggest complain among people, and this should solve the problem.

I created a theme for your ROM but have no where to host it :(
    If you send me a link to your theme, I will host it for you on my site (imnuts.org). Note that I may not get to your message for hosting immediately, and also I won't host any theme that isn't tasteful and clean. If I find out that you are porting a theme without permission, your file(s) will be removed immediately and any further actions appropriate will be taken.

Can XXX be added to the FAQ?
    While we strive to keep up with posts, sometimes we may overlook a repeated question or issue. If you see something you would like posted in the FAQ, feel free to ask. We only ask that you put your request in the following format:
    Code:
    [B]Question goes here[/B]
    Answer goes here

4. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +92
    Remember to mark this as installed ladies and gentlemen, and nominate for Developer of the Month :)

5. imnuts

Ratings:
    +0
    Updated to the 1211 version that is posted elsewhere.

6. parrish122485

parrish122485 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I installed and flashed. It works great. I just have to play with it. I lost all of my contacts and such but no biggie. I just have to play around. I dont see the superuser app though. am i supposed to?

UPDATE: I have Superuser now and romtoolbox, just working on my contacts. Just cant seem to find the Backup Assistant app tha ti used to have.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  7. tfly212

tfly212 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can I flash this if I am running EP4P

I flashed the 2.3.6 debloated, deodexed rooted version of gingerbread with EP4P back in November. I see lots of references to EP4D...will this work on the older version?

Thanks.

8. janey6152

janey6152 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  9. merlin96

merlin96 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Love the Rom. Very fast. I have noticed two things. Sometimes the phone will reboot when browsing the web. Annoying, but it reboots insanely fast. Second the stock broswer has stopped working. And Dolphin HD, since it is a shell of the stock browser. Opera and Firefox still work flawlessly. I reflashed and it world for a night but went back to page cannot be displayed on all pages. It is weird because when typing in the address bar it will auto guess all kinds of entries, just like the Google search engine should, but will not produce a page once entered. I have cleared cache, cookies and restores the defaults. If anyone has the .apk to reinstall or other guidance it would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

Update: found this weird work around on another site, and it worked. turned off data, turned data back, opened google maps, then opened the browser. Don't know why, but it worked.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
Search tags for this page
custom rom tsm t9i

droid charge infinity rom

droid charge stock rom download
how to flash my tsm t9i
infinity rom
infinity rom tsm
infinityrom droid charge
install stock rom samsung galaxy infinite i759 cwm
recovery email tsm t9
tsm t9i android upgrade