12:01 EST 2.2 downloading

jakemerrell

Reaction score
Anyone install over 2.1 root? I haven't put back my bloatware yet but I have the update available here in California!

My install is failing; it downloads, says it's installing reboots and then it says failed. I'm rooted on stock 2.1 with every app there.

I was told by multiple people that if you're rooted the OTA won't work. Of course other people have denied that.... but I'd unroot and see...

I also just got the failed install I have unrooted and am re-downloading I will let you know

Dxun

Reaction score
Rooted with 2.2 installed and it says my phone is up to date. Even if it was available i would never download it. Perfectly content staying rooted and installing the roms and themes i like. I'm sure you guys are very excited though :) Enjoy your NEW phone.

wdprice3

Reaction score
Rooted with 2.2 installed and it says my phone is up to date. Even if it was available i would never download it. Perfectly content staying rooted and installing the roms and themes i like. I'm sure you guys are very excited though :) Enjoy your NEW phone.

fair enough, but the official 2.2 will be cracked soon enough to allow root/roms/themes.

TheJester34

Reaction score
Finally on time! DLing in TN at 11:45 PM CST.

For the rooted people: Mine kept failing, even after unrooting. Just did SBF, DLing again now. Though, I used to have a theme and stuff. Don't think I got everything back to normal before that

wdprice3

Reaction score

For the rooted people: Mine kept failing, even after unrooting. Just did SBF, DLing again now. Though, I used to have a theme and stuff. Don't think I got everything back to normal before that

yeh, the safe & sure way is to just SBF back to 2.1. you may get it to work without it, but if it continues to fail, trying flashing SBF

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
It's weird seeing youtube in the browser for a change and seeing some of my favorite flash sites actually working.

I am going to kick this thing around more, but I can tell you that it definitely feels smoother. Even the unlock screen isn't stuttering anymore.

Any FC on the battery manager yet?

Reaction score
I have been stuck on the Motorola M for quite a while now and others who got theirs after me are up and running. What should I do?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Or what about the calibrate the compass does that work? I could never get that to work on my leak 2.2.

TheJester34

Reaction score

yeh, the safe & sure way is to just SBF back to 2.1. you may get it to work without it, but if it continues to fail, trying flashing SBF

Already done. Looks like its going smooth now. Seems like SBF is the answer if you keep getting a failure message

BodyBagz

Reaction score
11:18 pm CST...downloading now....:)

Download was done in about 10 minutes...took about 5 for the install, and then another 3 or 4 for full reboot!

I was rooted...and still looks like I am rooted, but Wireless Tether app is no longer functioning. I dont know if it was the update knocking out the root, or just Froyo disabling the app...any ideas?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Guessing since it is a root only program and you don't have the root anymore that is why it's not working.

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
wow....I've heard 10 minutes, but my download is MUCh slower......and I "think" I'm rooted (sbf then tried to root but never got the # sign on adb)...hopefully I'm not wasting an hour just to have to redownload!

meraki1990

Reaction score
Yes, I've lost root.. SetCPU isn't working anymore, neither is metamorph.

The 2.1 rooting method also does not work .... Hmm. Guess I'll have to wait till root comes along..