105.8 Degrees

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
105.8 as reported by BatteryLife widget.
This was w/ screen at half brightness (normally set on lowest for battery consumption) and 10 - 20 mins. of TICTACTOE (nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more). 3G with 3 bars (no wifi available). Minimum backround apps - weatherbug, gmail.
Is this a cause for concern?

As always,
TIA

jasonb

Reaction score
105.8 as reported by BatteryLife widget.
This was w/ screen at half brightness (normally set on lowest for battery consumption) and 10 - 20 mins. of TICTACTOE (nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more). 3G with 3 bars (no wifi available). Minimum backround apps - weatherbug, gmail.
Is this a cause for concern?

As always,
TIA

105.8 on the battery is not a cause for concern. it's a little hot but it's not dangerous.

are you rooted and overclocked?

OP
DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
not rooted, nor overclocked. I'd like to overclock it to the max (performance junkie), but my droid has been running hot for a few weeks and it concerns me.

ShowTime

Reaction score
From what I've read here, 105 is completely fine/normal. I think I even remember someone saying the CPU and whatnot are rated up to like 220ish.

OP
DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
From what I've read here, 105 is completely fine/normal. I think I even remember someone saying the CPU and whatnot are rated up to like 220ish.
good greebie,
in that case, if I don't see 2.1.1 by April i'm overclocking.

jasonb

Reaction score

people keep saying something about the battery only being rated to handle 115f. 105 is not bad though. if it gets much higher then back off a bit, but don't worry about it.

if you're not rooted and overclocked and something happens then your warranty will take care of you.

LrdElderon

Reaction score
That's only 40c. I thought I read the upper range for the battery was 45c, but after reading a post on another forum I pulled my battery and actually looked at it and it says upper temp range for the battery is 60c or if you don't know the conversion... that's about 140+ F.

Even then it's not like there's going to be a huge explosion the instant you hit that number. It will most likely just shorten the overall life of the battery if you sustain that high of a temp. worst that can happen is the battery might rupture i'd imagine, but they are fairly cheap to replace.. i think stock battery is what? $35 max?

OP
DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
I've tweaked this thing so much, I'd die if I had to replace it and start over from scratch.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

jasonb

Reaction score
That's only 40c. I thought I read the upper range for the battery was 45c, but after reading a post on another forum I pulled my battery and actually looked at it and it says upper temp range for the battery is 60c or if you don't know the conversion... that's about 140+ F.

Even then it's not like there's going to be a huge explosion the instant you hit that number. It will most likely just shorten the overall life of the battery if you sustain that high of a temp. worst that can happen is the battery might rupture i'd imagine, but they are fairly cheap to replace.. i think stock battery is what? $35 max?

good to know. i can't say i ever looked at the battery. honestly, like you, i am not worried about the battery. it's easier to replace a battery than it is to replace the cpu.

OP
DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs

Reaction score

I'd really like that new Siedko (sp?) thin line extended battery coming out. Don't know why, though I dock her everynight and it's usually at 40% remaining.
I think I know why she got so hot today.... tictactoe..... lol

OP
DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
yeah, but ms. droid can't hang she gets overheated.

bastosero

Reaction score
105F is normal temp for the battery. I play Armageddon Squadron for 20+ mins. and my CPU used to go up to 147F and my battery to 123F, but thanks to Chevy's kernel those temps are much lower now.