100% dropped calls at work

mitchb2

Reaction score
My company is a Verizon company. We have Verizon service everywhere on campus. Starting a few weeks ago, I can't receive or make calls. I get about 5 seconds of talk time then the call drops.

Horribly frustrating.

No other Verizon customers I work with have this problem.

Do I have a bad phone? Anything I can do before going to that hellhole Verizon store and standing in line for an hour?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have you tried the old *228 routine yet? Don't know if it will help, but it's worth a try.

If that doesn't help, I would do a factory hard reset before I went to stand in line. Because frankly that is probably the first thing they are going to do to the phone anyway.

[FONT=&quot]Instructions: With your Motorola Droid powered "Off," slide open the keyboard.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Press and hold the "X" button on the keyboard while pressing the "[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Power[/FONT][FONT=&quot]/Unlock" button, located next to the 3.5mm headphone jack. Continue holding down the buttons until a yellow triangle "Warning Sign" appears on the screen.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Once the yellow warning sign appears, press the physical "Volume UP" and "Camera" buttons simultaneously until a new menu appears. This may take several attempts before success.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]From the new menu that appears on-screen, go down to the "wipe data/factory reset" option using the Directional-Pad next to the keyboard, and press the "Center" button on the D-Pad to confirm.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Scroll down to the "Yes -- delete all user data" and press the "Center" button on the D-Pad once more.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]That's it! When your Motorola Droid is done wiping all saved applications, information, and settings, your device will be back to the factory settings.[/FONT]

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If what BayouFlyFisher offers up doesn't work, who said you had to stand in line at a Verizon Store? Call customer service, explain the situation and they will overnight you a new phone.

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
I did the *228 first. Then a battery pull. I opened a ticket with Verizon, and she acknowledged all the dropped calls. Then I had to go to a meeting so I'll resume with them tonight.

If I have to do a factory reset, how do I back everything up first?

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
Verizon thinks my phone is hosed and they are looking at allowing me to upgrade.
I have no idea what phone I would want. I haven't been keeping up because I figured it would be another 6 months.

What should I get? :)

robtoledo23

Reaction score
My company is a Verizon company. We have Verizon service everywhere on campus. Starting a few weeks ago, I can't receive or make calls. I get about 5 seconds of talk time then the call drops.

Horribly frustrating.

No other Verizon customers I work with have this problem.

Do I have a bad phone? Anything I can do before going to that hellhole Verizon store and standing in line for an hour?

From talking to Verizon support, they advised me that this is due to the fact that they are selling Alltel. If you migrated to Verizon from Alltel you need to get to Tech Support and have them update your PRL to "Hybrid Roaming" Apparently Verizon is not very strong in the Midwest market per their "Technical and Network Quality Technicians". When you dial *228 it puts you on the new roaming list which excludes Alltel towers. Once they set up "Hybrid Roaming" if you dial *228 again you will put yourself back in the same boat.

Hope this helps some. I had a trouble ticket open for two months before they figured this out.

What that also means is if you originated from Verizon you are SOL. And just going to have to suffer with numerous dropped calls.

Let me know.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App