100,000 Droids Sold 1st Weekend.

Jokool_7777

Reaction score
Atlanta still has them. I was at a verizon store at 7am to get mine. I didnt think it would sell out. I just didnt want to wait until I got off of work to get one.

mitchell

Reaction score
Here in Middle Tennessee, at my store at least, only sold one on launch day, and that was to me. I think the sales picked up a bit since then, but it is encouraging to know so many sold elsewhere this past week, even if they didn't here.:icon_ banana:

DarrellM5

Reaction score
I picked mine up on launch day at the Best Buy in Reno, or Sparks to be more exact. It was 1:30PM and mine was the first one they had sold.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I think the sales of the Droid will see an upswing as the holidays descend upon us. The phone has gotten great post release reviews as well as pre and it has lived up to the hype. I see the device doing very well over a steady period.

sin vicious

Reaction score
I think many people are sitting on the fence, I got mines launch day at the Local Best Buy in Coral Springs, Fl. At 7pm... At the time the employee said i was only the 2nd buy, 4 days later I went to buy a case and i asked the same rep how were the sales going and he said "Sold Out"!

pwjone1

Reaction score
I think many people are sitting on the fence, I got mines launch day at the Local Best Buy in Coral Springs, Fl. At 7pm... At the time the employee said i was only the 2nd buy, 4 days later I went to buy a case and i asked the same rep how were the sales going and he said "Sold Out"!

Yes, I sometimes think that part of the Apple hype factory is making sure to run out of inventory from time to time. That way you can say "So hot, we cannot keep them in stock!"

I think Verizon where I'm at (NY) did a reasonable job of having accessories in stock, when I brought the Droid. Usually early in the cycle, I'm used to there not being much. I'm kind of surprised Moto didn't at least include a soft pouch or something with the phone. I did not particularly like the cases that Verizon was selling, so it was off to eBay, but Verizon had them, as well as screen protectors, car/power plug, etc. They had run out of Docks by the time I was there, and apparently never had extra batteries. But otherwise, they had a lot.

bassic83

Reaction score
I got mine at Wally World, then immediately took it over to the Verizon store to get the contacts and pics transferred. The lady at Wally World didn't have the required "geek acumen" to do the job. Actually, the guy over at the Verizon Store was REALLY surprised that I came in there with one, and could not get my Ozone to cooperate. He got the contacts off my CrackBerry, so I have a bunch of work numbers in there as well, but that's fine- never know when you'll need a quick job reference! ;) Especially now, with the economy approaching that of a third-world, Eastern-Bloc status...and the fact that I've been told to find another job by my company...

five0five

Reaction score
No waiting at the Best Buy outside of Atlanta, where my wife and I got ours on Saturday. Its a big hit here at the office. Everyone wants to see it and play with it. I work with a bunch of developers who are very interested in Android

chapel321

Reaction score
I got mine on launch day in Montgomery Alabama. I must say I thought there would be a line but there wasn't. I got there at about 9:30am and walked right up to an associate. Anyway, I switched from an iPhone because I was tired of dropped calls (90%)from ATT but loved the iPhone. I knew Verizon had an exceptional network and I am VERY impresssed with the speed and functionality of the Motorola Droid!!!!! No regrets!!!!!! Go Droid!!!