10-15 second delay going to Home screen from an app?

liguy257

Reaction score
Kind of losing my mind here. When I'm in an app and click the Home button, it takes 10-15 seconds for the homescreen to fill in and be operational. I'm using Launcher Pro and have a few widgets, but I'm finding this to be way over the top. I don't have 4000 apps running, and I don't think my memory is even close to full, so I'm trying to figure out exactly what is causing the slow down.

Is the Droid 1 really that crappy that running a few fairly static widgets slows it down THAT much? I don't have patience, and especially when something should be working a certain way and isn't. What should I be looking at? I can get rid of Launcher and use the stock screen (blech) and kill all my widgets but A: I don't really have that many, and B: 1 $200 phone should be able to run SOME stuff without melting down.

blxxlee

Reaction score
I'm gettin the same exact issue on my droid too! Help!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I always had delay issues with LauncherPro. I ended up going back to the stock theme and had little to no lag. Another issue I always had with LauncherPro was that half my screen would go blank and stay that way until I turned the screen off.

An app that might help you is MemoryUpPro. This is what I used when my Droid would lag and it did help. However, I do think it's LauncherPro, not to bash I loved it, but the lag was horrible.

ufish2

Reaction score
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App.. rooted.. deoxed

ufish2

Reaction score
Try Zeam launcher..

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App.. rooted and deoxed... :)

trumpet444

Reaction score
If you are ROOTED this fixes the problem.

(quoted from huskerkate)

try this fix from samsonite801

If you use ADW or LauncherPro and if after using your browser, email or any other apps for awhile, then if you press the 'HOME' button, if it takes forever to redraw your home screen, and you are sick of that HORRIBLE LAG, then try this: In a terminal, type su and enter. Then type echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop and enter. Then reboot. Now evaluate whether or not this fixes your lag. If you want to undo what this command does, simply remove that toggle from: /data/local.prop

To remove the toggle: In Root Explorer, go to /data/, tap Mount R/W at the top, then long-press on local.prop and Open in Text Editor, then delete the line: ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1.

iamjoe

Reaction score
DO A FACTORY RESET

I had the same issues for way too long. I did a reset and all is well. I use astro file manager to backup my apps to sd card.

I should have done this long ago. I also have a DROID 1

turdbogls

Reaction score
the problem is with Froyo. it doesn't lock the launcher in memory, so when you have some apps open, the memory manager kicks the launcher out of memory (stock or LP or any other for that matter) so when you go back home, you get the "redraws" you are seeing.

my droid X doesn't have this problem and that is mostly because it has double the RAM the original droid does.

the data local prop thing posted above helps but it doesn't FIX it

banshee56

Reaction score
If you are ROOTED this fixes the problem.

(quoted from huskerkate)

try this fix from samsonite801

If you use ADW or LauncherPro and if after using your browser, email or any other apps for awhile, then if you press the 'HOME' button, if it takes forever to redraw your home screen, and you are sick of that HORRIBLE LAG, then try this: In a terminal, type su and enter. Then type echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop and enter. Then reboot. Now evaluate whether or not this fixes your lag. If you want to undo what this command does, simply remove that toggle from: /data/local.prop

To remove the toggle: In Root Explorer, go to /data/, tap Mount R/W at the top, then long-press on local.prop and Open in Text Editor, then delete the line: ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1.

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but I tried doing this in a terminal and I did not put the spaces in the "=1 >> /data". Now, when I boot, it gets past the "M" screen and goes no farther. Have I just bricked my phone and is there anything I can do to recover?

Thanks.

EDIT: I've tried the battery pull to try booting into Recovery, but everytime I reinstall the battery, it tries to boot and does what I described.
EDIT2: OK, I can get to the bootloader screen, but not sure where to go from here.

Last edited: