Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Great stuff!

OP
squeekybigfoot
Reaction score
I don't believe the app has a re-lock option, not sure how you could go about locking the phone back up

*** never mind just saw the lock option, i dont see why there would be a lock option if it doesnt allow you to update, than there would be no purpose. But if you have a AOKP rom on your phone i dont think you could/ or would want a stock update.

Last edited:

akiles

Reaction score

As long as you have a secured stock bootloader and a stock rom you should be ok.
If you are on a rom not based on stock you should be ok as well. CM roms, for example, dont get samsung updates so you would be ok also.
If on a stock based rom make sure the update apks are disabled -there are 2 i think but cant remember the names. XDA forums address this in one thread.
Im on cm10, 08-16, unlocked and so far so good. Camera is a little weird and not as good as stock app, but's fine. Batt is not as good as synergy, but good enough.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I don't believe the app has a re-lock option, not sure how you could go about locking the phone back up

*** never mind just saw the lock option, i dont see why there would be a lock option if it doesnt allow you to update, than there would be no purpose. But if you have a AOKP rom on your phone i dont think you could/ or would want a stock update.

You can't accept OTA updates if you unlock the bootloader, but I'm pretty sure (although not 100% sure at the moment) that if you re-lock and flash back to a stock rom, it will put you back on the upgrade path. That would also enable you to send the phone in if you need to file a warranty/insurance claim.

TeeX

Reaction score
just make sure when you root/ unlock, that the first thing you do is to make a nandroid backup of your stock setup. Then you can always nandroid back to that before you re-lock and unroot (if needed).

skennelly

Reaction score
I wouldn't relock the bootloader unless you need to get back to stock for a warranty replacement. If you do and take an OTA, you run the risk of the update patching the exploit. You could be stuck on stock for a while.

Sent from my SCH-I535

mlewis76

Reaction score
skennelly said:
I wouldn't relock the bootloader unless you need to get back to stock for a warranty replacement. If you do and take an OTA, you run the risk of the update patching the exploit. You could be stuck on stock for a while.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Are u in the US?