1 month later with the Droid Pro, what are your thoughts?

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Some tips I would highly recommend is if your place of business has wife try to inquire about getting access to it from your phone this will improve battery life.

I'm confused...I thought using wifi (I'm sure don't mean wife) was worse on battery use. If using wifi is BETTER than using 3G, I'll definitely make this change since at work and home I have access to wifi. Great recommendations !

Wifi is definitely better on the battery, but everyone always says it's worse. Not sure how that rumor got started.

Shri

Reaction score
Maybe they meant keeping wifi enabled on top of already having 3g on. The only time I used wifi was when I left the country and u switched it to airplane mode then enabled wife. Battery lasted much longer (amazingly, through an entire day).

Keeping wife enabled without turning the network off is just a drain on the battery.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
WiFi enabled but not used is more of a battery hog then it being off. When it is on and using data, it is much less of a hog than 3G radio.

If it is on and not being used it is constantly scanning for open networks.

obutto

Reaction score
I have had many Android phones, and so far I am pretty much loving my experience with the Droid Pro.

My history? Droid 1 --> Droid 2 --> Droid Pro.

I loved my Droid 2 keyboard. It was an amazing improvement from my Droid 1; however, I found it extremely annoying to slide it open whenever I wanted to search something up or send a text. The Droid Pro really attracted me from the start.

Now that I have it, a few key (significant) things that I noticed.
-Keyboard is good, but it takes some time to get used to. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to type in lightning speed with time...
-Screen resolution! Wow the pixel density is really low on this phone. My Droid 2 and my dad's Fascinate really make the screen look so dull. But whatever, it has an on screen keyboard to make for it.
-This phone is fast. I have hardly any stutters like I had on my Droid 1 and 2. The MotoBlur on the phone is actually smooth, unlike that of the Droid 2. However, I still dislike it. I have it a feeling that the Droid Pro's MotoBlur leads to my next issue...
-Battery life. What the hell man. This phone drains two times faster than my Droid 2, and trust me, I know what I am doing. I am a very experienced Android user and this battery situation is VERY noticeable. I thought that people were exaggerating these problems, but its really there. I'm hoping that this gets better with new ROMs (get RID of all this bloat and MotoBlur....). However we are stuck without a real working SBF so I don't even want to touch any ROMs as of yet. I need a usable phone, and cannot afford to brick.

Other than these problems/comments, the Droid Pro is perfect. I suggest it to many people, but note that the battery life is weaker than most Android phones. Whatever, its an amazing phone.

pilotrose

Reaction score
We have a real working SBF now so hopefully custom Roms will soon be coming to fix some of these issues. Especially the battery life.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

maxim730

Reaction score
I like it so far. My previous phone was a BB Bold

Improvements that need to be made:

a) voice quality - some people have issues hearing me clearly
b) improved Exchange integration - still a lot of work needs to be done to be as good as BB's email.

jhumbo

Reaction score
I like it so far. My previous phone was a BB Bold

Improvements that need to be made:

a) voice quality - some people have issues hearing me clearly

Does your phone have the update? I used to feel the same way, but have been happy since the update.

To get the update, go to "Settings" -> "About Phone" -> "System Updates"

Castor Troy

Reaction score
new update greatly improved send and receive call quality. couldnt be happier

dil.b

Reaction score
In response to Google123 re: app fix, I'm hoping there will be an fix that either disables (or allows for only long press of) soft touch keys while typing on keyboard. I find myself constantly touching these soft touch keys and it really slows me down.