Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
HTC-Flyer.jpg

According to the Chinese-language Commercial Times, HTC has already received 1 million pre-orders for its up and coming HTC Flyer Tablet. We’re not sure if this claim is for direct individual consumer sales (doubt it) or if this is mainly from carrier pre-orders. We’re leaning towards the latter. What’s so astonishing about this, is that a pricing announcement hasn’t even been mentioned yet.

Continue reading @ TalkAndroid

For more HTC Flyer discussions, be sure to visit http://www.flyerforums.net

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Ill be really interested to see the pricing of this.

I think it'll sell if priced right. I say $450-500 range would be ideal.

htowngtr

Reaction score
hmm..does this thing even hold a candle to the Xoom?

It's a different beast, honestly. The xoom is more straight Honeycomb experience with a better gaming platform (Tegra 2) and bigger screen.

The Flyer seems to be more of a writing tablet and less interested in gaming or a straight google experience like Honeycomb. It's a pretty cool device, but unless you want a small writing tablet then get the Xoom.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
1GB Ram is good.

About gaming, OnLive will debut on this for tablets. So they seem to have an interest in gaming too.

If priced lower than the other tablets this thing might be a big winner. The more I learn about this, I will definitely wait for some more Android tablets to come out.

Should be some nice choices in the upcoming months.

htowngtr

Reaction score
1GB Ram is good.

About gaming, OnLive will debut on this for tablets. So they seem to have an interest in gaming too.

If priced lower than the other tablets this thing might be a big winner. The more I learn about this, I will definitely wait for some more Android tablets to come out.

Should be some nice choices in the upcoming months.

Yea, OnLive will be ok. Will they charge for it? I believe Tegra zone is free, right? (other than paying for a game)

The price of the Xoom wifi will supposedly be $540 at places like Sams club. The Flyer is already asking 500 euro which would be significantly more than $540.

DaWolf85

Reaction score
I like the product design on this tablet, but if they can put a kickstand on a phone, why not on this? Seems to me a tablet would be better for watching movies and videos on...

grimley

Reaction score

Apparently its available for purchase now for $899

HTC Flyer Tablet Touchcreen, 5 MP camera, 1.3MP front camera, HSDPA, 32GB internal memory

Not sure if this is only for pre-order or what, I went as far as I could in their order process without actually charging my card and it made no mention of whether or not it was pre-order or if it ships out right away. This is the only site I could find that has it for sale so I'm thinking its pre-order.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

HTC Flyer Tablet Touchcreen, 5 MP camera, 1.3MP front camera, HSDPA, 32GB internal memory

Not sure if this is only for pre-order or what, I went as far as I could in their order process without actually charging my card and it made no mention of whether or not it was pre-order or if it ships out right away. This is the only site I could find that has it for sale so I'm thinking its pre-order.
That site has ridiculous prices...it says the xoom is $999

Sent from my DROID2

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I wouldn't trust that site. $899 can't be the retail price of the flyer.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

grimley

Reaction score

That site has ridiculous prices...it says the xoom is $999

Sent from my DROID2

I agree, thats why I find it hard to believe the Flyer is on sale now. I think they are hoping to nail a bunch of suckers who don't know any better. The sad thing is that they probably will. I hope nobody follows the link I posted and actually orders it! :icon_eek: