+1 For Verizon

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Hey folks just thought I'd share an excellent Customer Service story with you all.

I ordered my Droid on Feb 23rd. Yesterday (March 4th) I was browsing through some email I had not yet looked at and noticed that on Feb 22nd, Verizon had sent me an email advertising that I could get an accessories package containing the car dock, desk dock and a car charger for $40 off with the purchase of a new droid.

So I sent VZW an email back stating that I had purchased a new droid the day after the email ad, and asked if they would honor the accessory promotion.

I now have the three accessories on their way to me for 49.99!

This is really nothing special, and it is a request that any company should honor; however with Customer Service in general in the gutter these days I was happy that they honored my request so happily.

Good Job Verizon!

barbee

Reaction score
i've always had good dealings with service at Big Red. Except for the fact the corporate store in my area is always PACKED

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
They even call me from time to time to discuss ways to lower my bill. They never find any but it's still cool.

OP
JP 5.56

JP 5.56

Reaction score
i've always had good dealings with service at Big Red. Except for the fact the corporate store in my area is always PACKED
I try to stay out of the VZW stores for that reason. I went to one the other day to just simply get some screen protectors and it was a 45 minute adventure lol.

Also, the big store here (I'm assuming is some sort of regional HQ) usually has people pouring out the doors, and they had a concert or some such in the parking lot the other day (Some chick named Camilla or something?)

Always crazy. Glad I can do everything I need with them over the phone or online.

Last edited:
OP
JP 5.56

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Not to burst your bubble, but that's the current promotion on the bundle

Enter your location

I know it is. But the promotion either was not presented to me or I missed it at the time of purchase. I was just happy that they were able to retroactively add the accessories to my order as the promo itself has the disclaimer "Accessories are not available to be purchased separately at the discounted price". That could be taken as getting only the car charger for 9.99 or buying the accessory bundle separate from the droid itself.

I've dealt with companies in the past that have not honored their own promotions under the same exact circumstances (purchasing one part and not getting the promo goods and then trying to add them on later, within the promo time frame even).

Add that to the fact that customer service is horrible at best, in general - I was not expecting Verizon to help out so quickly and with a happy attitude.

Like I said in the OP, its something the company should do - but most have gotten so bad lately I just don't expect businesses to do anything to make the customer happy anymore.

In summary: Yes Verizon should honor it, they did, nothing special, but I am still appreciative and wanted to point out that under the seemingly current CS standards in this country, they are a shining example of how to do it.

slinky

Reaction score
Now if they give you free visual voice mail like they should, then I'll be impressed... :D

OP
JP 5.56

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I didn't even know VZW offered that?

slinky

Reaction score
Now if they give you free visual voice mail like they should, then I'll be impressed... :D

You can get Youmail from the market and it is free. It performs better than the Visual Voicemail too.

Hardly the point. ;) I use Google Voice since everything must be Google on this phone to even think of working properly. Occasionally I'll have calls go to VZW voice mail and it is a pain...

OP
JP 5.56

JP 5.56

Reaction score

You can get Youmail from the market and it is free. It performs better than the Visual Voicemail too.

Hardly the point. ;) I use Google Voice since everything must be Google on this phone to even think of working properly. Occasionally I'll have calls go to VZW voice mail and it is a pain...
I <3 Google Voice but what a pain it is trying to get an invite for my brother. I don't know how I got one so easily!

r-dubya

Reaction score
VZW has been very accomidating for me. Customer service at VZW is far beyond some of those 'other' companies.

But i guess if apple had me by the balls, i would be pretty lousy at customer service as well....