1 click for 3G

feverhost

Reaction score
The one click to root for the Xoom is nice, but I will probably learn the long way first. Better (for me anyways) to learn as much as I can about the device :)

OP
Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
actually that is a very good thing. going back to basics is the true learning

Aloha from Hawaii...

feverhost

Reaction score
Yep... with such a new device (definitely very new for me) I want to learn as much as possible. Although the one click root is a great feature, and I do appreciate the post! :)

OP
Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
well I have the WiFi version, and if ur D2 is or isn't rooted, u can still tether between the two. I use mu Xoom daily for business reasons and tether via Bluetooth. even transferred files for certain office docs.

Aloha from Hawaii...

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score
I also highly recommended becoming well acquainted with adb. It will get you out of jambs and give you the ability to use some of the cool things we have coming in the near future

dcmodder

Reaction score
c:\sdk\platform-tools\adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local/ :D just a bit bored here. first one I used on my xoom. (outside of adb reboot bootloader) I second Steady Hawkin

OP
Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Thanks for the added info. I frequent Xoomforums just to get my updates

I also highly recommended becoming well acquainted with adb. It will get you out of jambs and give you the ability to use some of the cool things we have coming in the near future

sent from my Hawaiian Xoom...ALOHA

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the added info. I frequent Xoomforums just to get my updates

That's awesome! Glad you joined us. P.S. my bro bro lives in hawaii

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score
He lived in Honolulu for a little while and is living in Kauai rite now. He does construction management for the company that's doing the light rail project and a few others over there.

OP
Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. But wow OK, kauai is nice. A bit slow for me but not much traffic like honolulu. Its a long process for the rail here, I'm not for it though.

He lived in Honolulu for a little while and is living in Kauai rite now. He does construction management for the company that's doing the light rail project and a few others over there.

bigkhan

Reaction score
OK i installed on my wifi xoom last night. Very simple, not 1click lol, but simple. Super user wasn't pushed the first time so I went through the processes again. 2nd time all went well, I'm now running at 1.5ghz and all is great. Been using the zoom all day, no freezing, or reboot seems to be perfect. Just waiting for all you smart guys to come up with some cool stuff to do with a rooted zoom.

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score
Welcome to team root! Make sure to take advantage of titanium backup and sync it to dropbox, since we don't have SD support yet