1 button multiple app launch?

azules9780

Reaction score
So I had an idea and was wondering if someone has made or could make an app that links multiple app launching to one button. How I would use this is by starting pandora and endomondo together at the same time or cardiotrainer my music app at the same time. Why you ask? Well today I had to go through and manually start each app which took a minute to do all the while my running time was off because I was standing there trying set up the apps and get them going before I got running which threw my time off by about 45 seconds.

I'm sure there are other ways people would use this feature but this is just how I would use it.

Thanks for any input.

OP
A

azules9780

Reaction score
By the way, I searched the market and didn't quite see what I was looking for. I'm looking for something that will allow me to setup each program to quick launch in the format I want and then allow me to create a shortcut on one my homepages to quick launch these predetermined apps that have already been assigned by me.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Why not start your music first, then start your running app when you actually start running? Haha!

Haven't heard of such an app, but my daily routine before my shower might be easier with something like this. As it is, I start my sirius radio app, open my feed reader to and refresh all my feeds, then check out facebook & twitter while the feeds load, then read any articles I'm interested in.

The problem I can see with developing an app like this is that it would basically have to take control over these other apps. Let's say you want it to open your music player and start a specific playlist and start up your cardio app and start a specific workout/timer. The way coding/apps works, developing an app like this would basically involve working with other developers to select the options within each other app, or it would have to read the code/interface of each to provide you with options, or it would have to have some sort of setup where you press "select apps/options" and then you'd have to launch each individual app that you want to run simultaneously and set them up, then return to the "one-click" app and tell it to stop tracking your button presses.

I could be way off, but based on what I know of android, that's my thought on what it would take...

Emitted from X.

OP
A

azules9780

Reaction score
or it would have to have some sort of setup where you press "select apps/options" and then you'd have to launch each individual app that you want to run simultaneously and set them up, then return to the "one-click" app and tell it to stop tracking your button presses.

I could be way off, but based on what I know of android, that's my thought on what it would take...

Emitted from X.

And that is more along the lines of what I was thinking and how it could be done. The initial setup could be kind of a pain in the ass but once you got it set up how you wanted it, it would be awesome.

I need to learn how to do all of these great things I have ideas for.

OP
A

azules9780

Reaction score
With a quick glance at that, it looks to be exactly what I need. Thanks a lot Martin

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
With a quick glance at that, it looks to be exactly what I need. Thanks a lot Martin
No problem.

I know it's a little involved to use Tasker, but it should give you the functionality you're looking for.