Developer
Reaction score
MIUI Changelog 1.5.27 from Miui.us

Of note this week:
Support for customizable toggles in the notification dropdown
I9000 package has been released
New Mute/Vibration settings and customizable sound settings

System
[Added] Third-party permissions/privacy settings for applications using SMS, telephone, address book (5.25)

Phone
[Optimized] Telephone menu items, including support for filtering displayed unknown callers
[Added] Support for copy and pasting phone numbers into Dialer (5.23)
[Optimized] The status bar displays a special icon, 'SOS', when no signal operators are available, but you can make an emergency call (5.25)
[Fix] Issue with some themes that led to in-call sound issues (5.24)

SMS/MMS
[Added] Support for reading and importing vcard attachments in messages (5.23)
[Optimized] Composing a new text message (5.23)
[Optimized] Faster Contacts search, UI and performance optimized(5.23)
[Fix] Vibration setting for SMS and the reunification of vibration included in the global settings (5.23)
[Fix] Some MMS media types were unable to be opened (5.23)
[Added] MMS now supports the OGG multimedia format (5.23)
[Fix] Inability to switch to landscape when writing a new SMS message page (5.24)
[Fix] Coversation being covered up by the attachments menu when selecting attachments (5.24)
[Fix] MMS display size error in the message details (5.24)

DND
[Added] New version of DND privacy settings (5.25)

Contact
[Added] You can now add a photo when adding a contact to the phone book (5.24)
[Added] Support for previewing and importing vcard files (5.24)
[Fix] The bug that caused FC when importing contacts from some SIM cards (5.24)
[Fix] The bug that returned an error message when selecting multiple e-mail addresses in Contacts (5.24)
[Fix] The bug that showed the incorrect info in the call log for contacts with multiple numbers (5.24)
[Fix] FC issues when sorting/adding group contacts (5.24)
[Optimize] The SMS sort animation has been optimized (5.24)

Themes
[Optimized] When browsing ringtones, the source and name of the default ringtone is shown (5.24)
[Fix] The status bar displays incorrect WiFi signal information on some themes (5.24)
[Fix] Where clicking the middle of the page to cancel a theme download returned an error message (5.24)

Music
[Optimized] Music player priority strategy where the first player displayed in "Default Music Player" is the default player (5.24)
[Fix] Issue where selecting Menu -> Exit didn't really exit (5.25)
[Fix] Issue with Music player not close by long pressing the return key even with proper settings in (System Settings -> System -> Button Settings) (5.25)

Lock Screen/Status Bar
[Added] Support for customizable toggles in the notification dropdown!!! (5.24)

Camera
[Added] White balance, focus mode, scene mode settings (5.25)
[Optimized] The SD card can disable the shutter state to avoid FC (5.25)
[Fix] Camera zoom failure problems (5.25)

Backup
[Added] Backup information in the archives to show the details for multiple SIM cards
[Optimize] Wifi backup process optimization: Wifi switch automatically opens, completes the process then automatically turns off Wifi
[Optimized] Global backup process: prompted for the backup Root permission only on first use
[Fix] The bug where going into the online backup issues no response
[Fix] Failed backup post-processing problems (such as setting key backup failure)

Settings
[Added] New Mute/Vibration settings, supports calls and SMS, can set vibration settings independently (System Settings -> Personal -> Sound) (5.24)
[Added] Headphone and volume control customization and improvements (5.25).

Fully translated and edited weekly. Courtesy of stiffspliff!

kamisan

Reaction score
Hooowaaa!!! Sounds like alot of changes. NICE

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
Has anyone flashed this yet? Check 1 feature please record a (low mms quality video) and send it to a friend to send to you and see if you can play it in MIUI? Thanks

g_what

Reaction score
I may finally upgrade from 4.15. Some of these changes sound great.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

chewy74

Reaction score
^who ported that build? and are you running it currently? feedback?

illmatic636

Reaction score
^who ported that build? and are you running it currently? feedback?

It was ported by Treym over at MIUI Android.

Not running it until I'm done testing LGB 1.92.
Probably a short ride.

chewy74

Reaction score
i will take it for a ride as soon as i get home and hope it fixes my wifi issue

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
TreyM ports for miuiandroid.com Miuiandroid almost always has their english translations done sooner, so that build usually (always?) comes out first.

TP4Bama and I wait for miui.us translations to start porting and then we try to run the port on our phones for a little while before releasing. We try to catch all the bugs between the two of us and if we can't fix them, at least have workarounds figured out to post.

TreyM is a good guy. I wont' speak negatively of his ports, and will never try to keep anyone from using his builds. If you want to try it right away, go flash his build. If you want to try our build when it is released, flash it too. Decide which one works better on your phone and go with it. If you want to switch every week, that is fine with me. If everyone started using Trey's build, that wouldn't bother me. I will always make a port for myself.

chewy74

Reaction score
No, I'm a flashing junkie and will give any ROM a try... especially same build ported by two different dev.

I'm actually running his port now and its playing a lot nicer with my phone and it resolved my WiFi issue. I'm using Chevy ulv 1100 with no WiFi issues

But of course I will flash to your release just because... well you guys do great work.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I don't know where else to ask here, and I hate to ask for support for another developers rom, but is there an eri edit for the miuiandroid.com version? How do I edit the previous eri mod for the new build? The old one boot loops my phone.

Armyof2

Reaction score
i will take it for a ride as soon as i get home and hope it fixes my wifi issue

Wifi issues for me tend to be a kernel thing...was having trouble with anything besides the stock kernel until i installed ChevyNo1's brand new kernel and things seem good so far.

chewy74

Reaction score
Did you try posting the request at their site?

I don't know where else to ask here, and I hate to ask for support for another developers rom, but is there an eri edit for the miuiandroid.com version? How do I edit the previous eri mod for the new build? The old one boot loops my phone.