1.5-1.7 upgrade

rjd

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been answered before, going from 1.5 to 1.7, do i need to flash 1.6? I love frequent updates but daaaaaammn.

Awsome rom

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dags5000

Reaction score
No each rom is a full system you don't have to do in between versions

qweesy

Reaction score
no, updates from 1.6 are in 1.7 wipe cache and dalvik then flash over to 1.7

OP
R

rjd

Reaction score
Thanks. It was unclear in the directions

gsDroid

Reaction score
I believe you must wipe data/factory reset if you are going from v1.5 to v1.6 or v1.7. If you wiped data/factory reset before going to v1.6 you just have to wipe cache, wipe dalvik, and format /system to go to v1.7. If you are going directly from v1.5 or earlier to v1.7 you have to do the wipe data/factory reset. You cannot get to v1.7 successfully unless you have wiped data before the v1.6 or v1.7 install. People who did not wipe data somewhere along the way are the ones having problems.

xxxtncxxx

Reaction score
If your coming from 1.5 you have to factory reset, wipe cache, and wipe system under mounts menu, you can only upgrade from 1.6 to 1.7 anything under 1.6 you have to completely wipe.

xxxtncxxx

Reaction score
I believe you must wipe data/factory reset if you are going from v1.5 to v1.6 or v1.7. If you wiped data/factory reset before going to v1.6 you just have to wipe cache, wipe dalvik, and format /system to go to v1.7. If you are going directly from v1.5 or earlier to v1.7 you have to do the wipe data/factory reset. You cannot get to v1.7 successfully unless you have wiped data before the v1.6 or v1.7 install. People who did not wipe data somewhere along the way are the ones having problems.

He is right my page didn't refresh, or I wouldn't have wasted my time typing the same thing he did. :)