1/17/11 - SS 4.96 is Ready!

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Houdini

Houdini New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Chevy. I'm having an odd problem on my Evo. I have a Moto Droid running 4.96 after having every other version you've made, and the 1.0 kernel and the phone runs great. However, while installing 4.96 onto the Evo, it gets to the step in recovery where it attempts to flash the kernel and fails. Even without trying to install a kernel, the message comes up. I've tried different kernels and attempted the whole thing many times, but the same error in recovery comes up, "error flashing chevy 1.0 kernel" and it just stops. I've tried rebooting afterward, but it just gets stuck in the HTC stock loading screen. Any suggestions or ideas? I tried flashing two other ROM's and they go smoothly (one with a custom kernel and one without) with no flaws, but i like yours the best. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I do have the new Evo, with H-Boot set to off. (The phone is fully unlocked) I decided to flash the Amon Ra 2.2.1 Recovery for Evo in case it is a clockwork recovery error, and it tells me "verification failed. missing 'system/bin/checkanim.' package signed incorrectly."

I then tried the kernel by itself, and got same error but the missing file was 'system/xbin/12ping.' I tried MikFroyo's new 4.4 ROM and once again, everything worked. That sucks because it's still not Chevy. NEED HELP

#157 Houdini, Jan 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  2. woogyboogy

woogyboogy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When you said the ALT method by downloading the blue theme zip...where exactly would I find that? I looked up the first page of this thread and found nothing

3. vbhokiefan

vbhokiefan Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Its the first link under the screenshots.

Here: http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/froyo/4.96/SimplyStunning-v4.96-update.zip

the unthemed link under that is the stock look, which you already have.

just download that, reboot recovery, and install (flash) that file. DO NOT WIPE CACHE OR DO A FACTORY RESET

#159 vbhokiefan, Jan 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  4. Trav06

Trav06 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bkapps/rstapps

Chevy, thanks for all the hard work, 4.96 has been running well for me so far.

One thing I noticed coming from 4.7 and using the bkapps/rstapps scripts from tools, any apps that had been moved to SD did not restore properly. Viewing apps on SD from settings > manage apps, I could see small residual files for each app there, but none of them were working or could be run. I had to uninstall all of that apps that had been on SD and re-download/install from the market.

Have you thought about bundling up those scripts into an app and putting it up on the market for $2 or so, so that any phone or ROM can use them? It's what has kept me on your ROM all this time, but I'd definitely use it on my wife's Fascinate if it were an option because its so much easier than MyBackupPro or Titanium. I think something like that with a simple interface ("Backup", "Restore", "Fix Permissions") would be a big hit.

Anyway, thanks again!

5. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for giving it a try, appreciate it! If you have any questions let me know :)

6. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Hi! Not sure exactly what you are needing .. I presume you want to install this ROM? You can install using any aftermarket recovery (ie SPREcovery, or Clockwork). Which one do you have?

7. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Check to ensure that 'USB Debugging' is turned on - that should stop your issue.

8. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    This ROM is not made for the EVO - I presume that is your issue!

9. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Hey Trav - I have certainly considered doing that! Will definitely give it some thought :)

10. vbhokiefan

vbhokiefan Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Welcome back Chevy! ;-)

Thanks for everything you do, and for producing one of (if not the best) stable, fast ROMs around. :icon_ banana:

11. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks hokie - and thanks for helping everyone out in this thread :)

12. Apollo0007

Apollo0007 New Member

Ratings:
    +0

I want to Install this ROM! I try to update with ROM Manager(ClockworkMod), but it doesn't do anything! Yeah it doing something, reboot and install and reboot and my old system come back! And SPREcovery needs SBF file, and i just can find it!

And it's problem i have milestone not droid?!

#168 Apollo0007, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
Search tags for this page
simply stunning 4.9

simply stunning 4.96

simply stunning 4.96 download
ss 4.96 download