1.1.5 Impressions

HarshReality

Reaction score
Before flames Id like to say I looked and aside of the 'Unofficial' post I couldnt find hide nor hair of the 115 thread so...

Here is my take on that one..
1. ADW was the default launcher.. not crazy about that at all. I find its much easier to leave it at home and let the end user choose.

2. The default media player.. is now labeled 'Video'. Sooo I figured what the hell and gave a stab at it. Apparently the recent volume rocker alterations as well as that particular application do not work well together. I can still play mp4 video but the volume doesnt function.

Ironically its fast.. alot faster than the 1.1.1 original release.. but I hit those 2 issues and ran like hell back to 1.1.1

Just my 2 cents. And before I am flamed I am in fact working on my own compilation from source before I get the 'If you dont like it remarks'. I do think that the source alterations of late hold alot of promise in terms of speed however from what I have observed.

Cheers

blueaurora

Reaction score
The volume thing is a killer for me. It barely controls any of the volume. As far as I can tell the rocker only controls the ringer volume. Every other sound is up full blast all the time. In a game with loud sound... tuff you can't turn it down.

I hope it gets fixed in 1.1.6 or after revision.

Armyof2

Reaction score
yeah there are some issues that made me go back to the 1.1.4 build but otherwise it's snappy. Can't wait for 2.0 there were a lot of features requested and I can't wait to see what gets integrated

Sileem

Reaction score
1.1.5 barley worked for me...the volume rocker didn't change the volume, only enabled/disabled vibrate, everything else was all messed up

DDCtech

Reaction score
good to know I'm not the only with the problem. Before this I've never used an unofficial ROM, staying the safe route. Then I got bored...a bored geek is a dangerous thing.

Also, it comes with ADW 1.2.0 I think, while the newest one out is 1.3.3. Had to delete with Titanium and install from Market.

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
just as a note, the volume rocker problems were caused by changes that were intended for obsidian leaking into the sapphire builds.

obviously keep in mind that there is a reason why i haven't released the 1.1.2+ builds officially, and that is because they are development releases and run a higher chance of being buggy.

that being said, the volume thing is fixed now and i am continuing my work on 2.0 :D