1.0 nore 1.1 bugless beast wont work on my droid?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by gabdroid, May 15, 2010.

1. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

Ratings:
    +292
    There's a real interesting post that talks about overclocking and why it differs per phone - it gets into the nitty gritty details of the wafers and the yield and all this stuff that made sense when I read it awhile back but I can't repeat back with any intelligence at this point. :icon_eek:

edit: here it is - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/blackdroid/31461-over-clocking-101-concert-blackdroid-roms.html

2. gabdroid

gabdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey I haven't had the time to do the kernel yet. I have the file though. Thankss. I haven't tried any other ron because from what I can tell the bb seems to be one of the top roms. . Ill update after a while. Something real quick,the basebrand or basebroad that shows up as an option with bb, I downloaded it once and it says to only do it one time but since I cleared data and changed stuff since then, is that update still on my Droid? Thanks again

3. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I wouldn't worry about that for now...
    you're back to running BB/Smoked @ 800MHz , stable right?
    Now rename that 1.0 GHz kernel that you got from http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/41770-rom-bugless-beast-v1-0-ese81.html#post444078 to update.zip, then drop that into the root of your sd card, then open rom manager and install rom from sd card, browse to the update.zip file and go...(don't do back-up or wipe cache).
    It'll reboot and install that 1.0 GHz kernel...

if it fails, nandroid back to the BB/Smoked 800 MHz

4. tech44

tech44 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This rom already has that version of baseband built in.

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  5. gabdroid

gabdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So don't backup the rom? I just want to make sure because everytime I installed bb with 800mhz I backed up the rom but cleared cache and that always worked

6. Mbk

Ratings:
    +4
    You already have a nandroid backup of it don't you?.. and you don't want to wipe the cache since you want to preserve all your other data and merely replace that kernel with the new one.

7. Mbk

Ratings:
    +4
    How goes it Bro?

8. gabdroid

gabdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I just had to nandroid my phone back up again... this stuff is pretty frusterating. Yall can boot the 1ghz in a heartbeat and I get trouble lol wtf. Is there any wait time for the M to pop up and out? Or should it just boot up like the 800mhz did for me.. cuz I'm really getting tired of seeing this M lol

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  9. Mbk

Ratings:
    +4
    Wow... on one hand you can always just run it at 800 MHz... on another you can still hope that you are doing one step incorrectly and you still may get to 1.0 GHz... but I gotta tell ya, 800 MHz already runs pretty great with BB/Smoked, which BTW is the best ROM IMHO.

10. gabdroid

gabdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    800mhz is def nothing to sneeze at, I just wanted to be able to experiance the 1ghz... I swear I've tried it like 5 more times to make sure I was doing it right, I mean theresonly like 3 steps anyway so I dont know what I could be doing wrong. I'm tired of rebooting my phone every 5 minutes lol, it's making my phone kinda hot but that could be from me holding it lol, every damn time I get the "M of death", sometimes it pops up and goes out over and over every 10 seconds, sometimes it will do it every 20, sometimes it just stays up there and does nothing.... seems like it wouldnt be all over the place like that but I'm no expert,we all know that. lol
    I have the update.zip on my sd card waiting for me to do something, but it's not like I have a lot of options, what I've been doing SHOULD work, going to rom manager and downloading BB smoked glass w/ 1ghz should also work, but nothing has. I'm thinking of throwing in the towel,and that makes me sad lol

11. gabdroid

gabdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Theres only one thing I can think of that I'm doing wrong......

You say to rename the file to "update.zip", but yall also said for me to make the root download "update.zip", I took off the other update.zip off my card, but I had to rename it "update" for it to actually work,remember?, so that's what I did in this case, I didnt name it "update.zip", just "Update". Should I rename it again to update.zip? Could that be it?

update:nevermind that,it turned it into .zip.zip :(

12. Mbk

Ratings:
    +4
    Have you tried it after letting your phone cool down a bit?
    What temp is SetCPU showing?

Also, that's the 1.0 GHz kernal that you renamed as update.zip, right?
    If it was named incorrectly, then it wouldn't work with Rom Manager...imho

13. sanitroc

sanitroc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ive had a similar problem. I yried to update i bb 1.3ghz and noticed.it wasnt working...so i downgraded all the way to 1.1ghz. It woeks but not as smoothly as 800ghz. Very strange...dont even know if 1.2ghz would ve bettet but im gonna stay away from it for now. Going back to 800 after this post!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

14. gabdroid

gabdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The kernel is named correctly, I double checked,and nah I havnt tried it again after letting it cool down, its at 31c and 87f at the moment, should I give it a go one more time?

15. Mbk

Ratings:
    +4