1.0 Disappointment?

JLangevin

Reaction score
Ive been using 1.0 for a month now, and have to say that I dont know what to do...

As time goes on, the ROM has gotten slower slower. Now, I am at the point where, my phone will not wake from sleep when the phone rings... if it DOES wake, the slider will not work... I will listen to the phone ring and nothing will happen. When the phone WOULD answer, it would keep ringing after the call has been answered, and vibrate in my ear...

Yes, I data wiped, no, I am not using a theme, and I am using the supplied Kernel.

I decided to Data wipe and reinstall 1.0 to see if it got any better... now, when I press the lock key, it takes a good 5 seconds for the screen to come on, and the slider most of the time wont respond for another 5 seconds.

Ill wait for a few replies before I move on to another ROM... Ive been using Saphire since 0.7, but have to say that it has only gone down from there for me.

Not being able to answer my calls is a serious issue...

ndhill1976

Reaction score
Try version 1.1 it's out now.

Try 1.1 like he said

If you want to stay on 1.0 though, I would try a standard voltage kernal that starts at 250 rather than 125. Your phone may not be able to handle a low voltage kernal very well.

Version 1.1 comes with a standard voltage kernal that seems to be running very smooth and has great battery life for me. I was going to switch to a lv kernal, but haven't done it yet since I am doing so well with this one.

OP
J

JLangevin

Reaction score
Just installed 1.1, and noticed that at work I now have 0 to 1 bar of service coverage. Ive always had full bars of coverage...

Not looking too good for 1.1

o29

Reaction score
Just installed 1.1, and noticed that at work I now have 0 to 1 bar of service coverage. Ive always had full bars of coverage...

Not looking too good for 1.1

Not sure why 1.1 would change your signal strength. What baseband are you using? You might want to consider using the latest experimental one. Also, you might want to try using different kernels if you're having other system-wide problems. Some kernels work better than others, and while I'm using cvpcs's right now, chevy and p3droid have some really good ones as well.

OP
J

JLangevin

Reaction score
Things are looking better for 1.1

I verified through some co-workers that Verizon must be doing something with our local node as they are all having serious signal issues as well. The timing just happened to be extremely coincidental.

1.1 and the 7 step 250mhz-1250mhz P3 Kernel seems to be the kick my phone needed. Just like before, I will run it for a few weeks and see how things go.

BTW, do 1.0 themes work on 1.1?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

I verified through some co-workers that Verizon must be doing something with our local node as they are all having serious signal issues as well. The timing just happened to be extremely coincidental.

1.1 and the 7 step 250mhz-1250mhz P3 Kernel seems to be the kick my phone needed. Just like before, I will run it for a few weeks and see how things go.

Short answer: no.

ndhill1976

Reaction score

Long answer: nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooo

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm with ndhill... I'm still on the included 800 instead of going to the lv 1gb and it runs well. Not feeling the need to change.

Though I notice the market on occasion seems to take forever to open...

Armyof2

Reaction score
I've actually just switched back to my old 250-1000 LV and it's been flying and battery life seems back to normal...it wouldn't let me load this kernel when i first put 1.1 on, i'd just get reboots during the spinning gem. Not sure why it works now unless the kernels were updated between then and now.

I've been fairly lucky with my phone no matter what Rom i've thrown at it, i've really had minimal bugs. My roommate on the other hand just got his phone kinda in working order with this last update. I've just come to the conclusion that all droids are not created equal and it's sometimes just a matter of trial and error until you find something that works for you.

jayman350

Reaction score

I'm running Watermark'd 3.2 on 1.1 right now. I loaded it up this morning and haven't had any problems so far..... knock on wood

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Zombie

Reaction score

I'm running Watermark'd 3.2 on 1.1 right now. I loaded it up this morning and haven't had any problems so far..... knock on wood

Though now you have lost any features added to the framework since 1.0 since you replaced the 1.1 framework with the 1.0 one.

Sent from my Droid
Watermark'd was updated to 1.1, so let's hope he flashed that ;)

wingdo

Reaction score

Though now you have lost any features added to the framework since 1.0 since you replaced the 1.1 framework with the 1.0 one.
Watermark'd was updated to 1.1, so let's hope he flashed that ;)

I believe 3.4 is the first version of Watermark'd for 1.1. 3.3 (and therefore 3.2) had the framework for 1.0.