1.0 and LauncherPro Plus

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I apologize to the Mods if this new thread is out of line, but I thought I'd share this:

I was having significant redraw issues with LPP; especially after heavy internet browsing (wifi or 3g). I found this to still be the case with 1.0, but I've kinda adjusted to it and didn't think anything about it. Then I was doing some reading on start [CVPCS Sapphire Wiki] and came across an interesting little section about CompCache.
So, long story short I went into GEM settings>performance and checked the box for Compcache (mine was disabled - by default?) and the redraw issue seems to be gone! I've tested it over and over again visiting pretty "bloated" sites, having several tabs open at the same time, hitting several sites with flash, etc and every time I hit the home key or exit the browser my home screen snaps right back!!
Hopefully this will continue and the LPP redraw will be a thing of the past!
Just another reason why I am LOVING this ROM!! !

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks for the post. iwas having same problem just did what you did lets hope it fixes it..

velocity92c

Reaction score
Wow, if fixing the redraw issues I've had on every single froyo rom I've tried is as simple as ticking a checkbox, I'm probably going to donate 50 bucks to the sapphire team, lol. Can anyone explain to me what compcache does exactly? I ticked the box and my phone rebooted. Stuck on the M right now but I'm sure it will load eventually.

velocity92c

Reaction score
Wow, since my phone rebooted and came back on it seems much much snappier, and not a single redraw yet, which definitely would've happened before. Hopefully it stays this snappy. Thanks for the link on compcache.

dpaine88

Reaction score
I had compcache on but was still getting redraws.

I did a google search and found Stopping Launcher Pro from redrawing Droid Hype

Followed the advice on here and set the "Memory Usage" to Medium for now. I also deleted ADW Launcher.

Since then I have had no re-draws so I recommend you check out that site.

OP
YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I had compcache on but was still getting redraws.

I did a google search and found Stopping Launcher Pro from redrawing Droid Hype

Followed the advice on here and set the "Memory Usage" to Medium for now. I also deleted ADW Launcher.

Since then I have had no re-draws so I recommend you check out that site.

Good stuff, thanks. I already had the Keep In Memory checked but my Memory Usage Present is on Moderate and I am still redraw free.
I also have ADW installed as well. So, make of that what you will :wink:

Important thing is you figured something out that worked for you!!

dpaine88

Reaction score
Yea man who knows right, all Droids are different.

I didn't have a Memory Usage setting but did have it stick in memory.

Whatever I did has worked thus far! Thats what counts.

dpaine88

Reaction score
Straight up man.

I also got rid of my Galaxy S live wallpaper, despite how awesome it was it bogged down the homescreens a bit :(

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I used to have constant redraws before. I tried so many roms with no luck. I even had redraws with sapphire 0.95 test. But since I upgraded to 1.0, not a SINGLE redraw. Great job guys......dancedroid

captdroid

Reaction score
Turning on Comcache does make the phone snappier with no redraws so far Launcher Pro Plus 0.7.2 (memory usage moderate, compressed, hack option turned off, keep in memory turned off)

I had turned on Compcache in Sapphire 0.8.4 and it was snappier then started slowing down for some reason.

Will have to see how it goes now with Sapphire 1.0.

OP
YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Turning on Comcache does make the phone snappier with no redraws so far Launcher Pro Plus 0.7.2 (memory usage moderate, compressed, hack option turned off, keep in memory turned off)

I had turned on Compcache in Sapphire 0.8.4 and it was snappier then started slowing down for some reason.

OK - good to know!
Just to be sure we're all on the same page: I have "Keep in memory" enabled, "Moto Droid" hack enabled, "Memory usage" moderate, "Use homescreen caches" enabled (compressed),. "build caches as needed" enabled and "Prevent force-closes" enabled, No 3D app draw either.

captdroid

Reaction score

OK - good to know!
Just to be sure we're all on the same page: I have "Keep in memory" enabled, "Moto Droid" hack enabled, "Memory usage" moderate, "Use homescreen caches" enabled (compressed),. "build caches as needed" enabled and "Prevent force-closes" enabled, No 3D app draw either.

At the moment my Launcher Pro Plus 0.7.2 settings are as follows with Compcache turned on:

Keep in memory - not enabled
Motorola Droid hack - not enabled
Memory usage preset - Moderate
Homescreen cache type - Compressed
Build caches as needed - enabled
Clear caches on exit - enabled
Prevent force-closes - enabled
Number of docks - 1
Number of screens - 6
3d app drawer - not enabled

No redraws thus far, phone is snappy. Have a widget on all but one of the 6 screens. One of the widgets is the Launcher Pro Plus contacts widget 'people' full screen.

Edit: Just installed Launcher Pro Plus 0.7.3 update from the market.