0.8 boot animation different?

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
I flashed 0.8 and the boot animation isn't liberty anymore. The boot logo is still the yellow fist but the animation is no longer the spinning eagle. It's just the word android. It's obviously not a big deal. I was just wondering if jrummy changed it or if something is going weird with my phone.

tnygigles66

Reaction score
my guess is you wiped after the flash. Try re-flashing without wiping and it should pop up. you should also be missing your file manager app and it should come back after you re-flash.

Reaction score
You should reflash It. The boot animation is in /data/local so you must have wiped data or it just wasn't a complete download..

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I let liberty toolbox wipe for me.

I never do that. Whenever I see an issue regarding the installation of liberty, it's because they let the toolbox do it for them. Just do it manually

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8-DroidForums addict

Cstryon

Reaction score
Boot ani off? This is what mine does, because I, always turn boot animation off.
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Nah, can't be the boot animation being turned off. You would have a gold bar if you turned off the boot animation.

Im sure he had a partial or bad download that didn't replace the boot animation with the eagle boot animation. I think when it doesn't find the boot animation to use, it resorts to a 2nd boot animation kept as backup. Which would probably be that android boot animation.

Cstryon

Reaction score
That's weird. I had the eagle till I turned it off, than I get android. No yellow bar.

steelhart1

Reaction score
Nah, can't be the boot animation being turned off. You would have a gold bar if you turned off the boot animation.

Im sure he had a partial or bad download that didn't replace the boot animation with the eagle boot animation. I think when it doesn't find the boot animation to use, it resorts to a 2nd boot animation kept as backup. Which would probably be that android boot animation.

Whenever I turn off the Boot Animation, it's the Android logo that glows from left to right.

Pretty sure you just need to turn boot animations on through Liberty Toolbox.

Liberty Tweaks -> Manage Boot Animation -> Enable Boot Animation.

If that doesn't work, reflash 0.8. Personally, I'm not a fan of the Spinning Eagle... mine is Aperture Labs...

Cstryon

Reaction score
The last time I noticed the yellow bar was right after flashing oreo slice on .7, but it was only once, next reboot and it was the glowing android. Before that it was on froyo with the ani turned off

steelhart1

Reaction score
I know that the glowing android is stock animation for android. It's what shows on my Fiancee's Ally, and that's stock VZW.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm running the honeycomb animation. IMO the coolest one out there. I believe it's on the forums now in the gingercomb juiced theme thread. Put it in data/local and Walla

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8-Gingercomb Juiced

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I've never had boot animation problems. I've switched them out countless times. I do know how to turn them off and on or even kill the whole boot animation. It seems that it varies because some say they still see a gold bar, others see the glowing android, and whatnot.

It doesn't bother me. I just change it out to my own customized animation.

Reaction score
That's weird. I had the eagle till I turned it off, than I get android. No yellow bar.

We got the yellow bar when we were on froyo, now that you're on gingerbread you will get the android logo if there is no bootanimation.zip in /data/local

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk