0.7 email issues

mschoobs

Reaction score
I upgraded to 0.7 and the email client has a problem displaying email. There seems to be an update to support html email viewing but it does not work when attachments are present. All of the emails without attachments diplay in html view and look better than ever.

When the attachments are present it appear there is a prsing error due to mulit-part mime encoding.

Is anyone else seeing this?

I had to downgrade to 0.6 until I can resolve this...I dont want to miss out on future update ROM's

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this will resolve the issue but give K9 a try. Based on comments I've read it seems to works well for a number of folks, including me.

Mike

OP
M

mschoobs

Reaction score
I tried k9 but it does not work with my exchange. I appreciate the help.

I look at the cyanagenmod notes and saw the email update in the notes...i was hoping someone could work this bug to them. I am a noob in the community and dont have alot of influence.

thanks.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry I had not realized you were using Exchange.

I have a corporate Exchange account that, for me, works just fine with the stock corporate email app. It may be that your IT folks have things in place that may require you to have the $45 account. Have you spoken with your IT folks to see how they are configured?

Mike

OP
M

mschoobs

Reaction score
The issue is not with our exchange mail. in 0.7 the body of the email gets mangled because it is multi-part mime and the email parser does not know how to display it. The email client in 0.6 remix displays the same email correctly....that is why i went backwards to 0.6 remix.

thanks

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not clear what Rom your running and I'm not sure this suggestion matters which Rom you have.

Can you forward your Exchange with your Gmail? If not here is a linkhttp://www.droidforums.net/forum/search.php?searchid=1092129 to several threads that may provide you with a solution.

Mike

OP
M

mschoobs

Reaction score
The issue I am having is in the 0.7 jrummy remix, the emails with attachments are missing the body of the email. I only see a mime error displayed within the email body.

In the 0.6 jrummy remix ROM the same emails display fine.

there has definitely been a cange to the email rendering in the 2 versions. I am thinking there is probably a bug in 0.7 remix for the email app.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
It sounds like it. Have you tried contacting the developer?

Mike

OP
M

mschoobs

Reaction score
i am unsure who that is...do i email cyangenmod or jrummy...who is the right person to contact?

SlateJones

Reaction score
Give SEVEN a try, you can sync gmail, hotmail, yahoo, aol, and I even have my exchange synced to it. It also will sync all of these over wifi, and its easy to set up. Its in beta so you have to download it from their website.
SEVEN Products

when you get it, it says something about sending verification text messages. I dont know why, but it didnt do it to me it emailed the verification messages for each account. Anyway, I really like it and thought it would work for you.
Hope this helps.

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I ttok the plunge to load V0.7. I was running version 5. I am getting a force close from the Market while trying to update my apps. Anyone have an idea on how to resolve this issue?

SlateJones

Reaction score
I ttok the plunge to load V0.7. I was running version 5. I am getting a force close from the Market while trying to update my apps. Anyone have an idea on how to resolve this issue?

I had this same problem AFTER I applied the Metamorph files. I restored my last backup and everything is fine again. Im playing with it to figure out which file caused the problem for me, I think it was either the framework or the download provider. I just applied the clock MM file and no problem yet.

Bxrider117

Reaction score

I had this same problem AFTER I applied the Metamorph files. I restored my last backup and everything is fine again. Im playing with it to figure out which file caused the problem for me, I think it was either the framework or the download provider. I just applied the clock MM file and no problem yet.

I was researching the problem and I'm going to replace the vending.apk with another from a previous jrummy rom and see if the works.