0.4 back to 1.1

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by jphudy, Jul 2, 2010.

1. jphudy

jphudy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As impressed as I was with 0.4, I had to go back to the blazing speed of 1.1.

Does anyone think that installing the adobe flash apk makes browsing slower overall? Maybe I should try 0.4 again after uninstalling the adobe flash apk.

2. jonnybgewd

jonnybgewd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Make sure its the third beta flash, and yeah the first few seconds feel slugish on pages with any flash but once it loads it smooth IMO.

3. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    yes....having previews of video loading will slow down the speed at which a page loads....

4. yusky03

yusky03 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah pages with Flash are a little slower but nothing to really complain about I don't think. Now that I got my BB v.4 install worked in and everything where I like it I think it is just as fast as BB v1.1... Still looking/wishing for a Smoked Glass Calendar Widget though.

Actually I have had it clocked down to 550Mhz all day today and it is still Fast! So I take that back. I think it is a lot faster than BB v1.1

#4 yusky03, Jul 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  5. pnhst

pnhst New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    .4 is faster.. stable JIT is great.. v1.1 was great too.. I wasnt loving the experimental builds of the 2.2 bugless beast but .4, being the first stable release, is the best yet.. Pete is awesome..

6. KpAtch3s

KpAtch3s Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can speed up your browsing experience if you go to the browser settings>enable plug-ins where you should find several options. If you select on demand it requires you to select the content you want to view before it loads.

7. GrillMouster

GrillMouster Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, pages load a little slower with flash, because so many ads are in flash. If you set plugins to on demand, it's much faster. With on demand you set a placeholder wherever there is a flash element. The flash element will only load when you click on it.