0.12.3 release notes

mjh68

Reaction score
Release notes for the new version is up at Miui-dev.com . Sounds like they fixed the ringtone issue, and the power on led, but doesn't say anything about the sms, phone call led from what i can gather .

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

ZeroBarrier

Important update this week are:

1. Phone black and white lists;

2. File Manager (TBD)

3. Flashlight

Standby power to resolve the situation 4.MS abnormal electrical signals to send messages to the garbage and other BUG; set the tone settings BUG resolved

5. SMS can change the font color.

A more detailed look at all OTA weeks 5 17:00

December 2 update: the file manager I carefully used a bit, still not perfect, the decision was put next week's OTA.

I think #4 actually means:

4.MS Standby power abnormal electrical signals to send messages to the garbage to resolve the situation and other BUG; set the tone settings BUG resolved

So perhaps they've nailed the bug where you sometimes receive an SMS and you see it in your notification bar but it doesn't appear in the app? Not sure but it kinda sounds that way.

Also, I wonder what kind of flashlight function they are including, I hope it's a stock LED flashlight function; I really dislike those "flashlight" functions that just make the screen go white...

I'm also very happy that we will now be able to customize SMS font color! I've been wanting to mod the SMS app to make the font color black instead of the gray it displays. It's easier to read if it's black, and now people can make dark SMS themes and have bright font colors.

I haven't read anything about LED notifications though, so I wonder where you go that from?

Z

ZeroBarrier

Don't have a need to anymore, we getting customization options in just a few days. ^^

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea I saw that. I posted that in case you wanted to use it for a day til the new release. I love how each new release makes it easier to theme our phones!

Z

ZeroBarrier

Me too, editing apks is fun and all, but MIUI keeps making it easier and easier.

linkboy

Reaction score
Man this rom just keeps getting better and better.

OP
M

mjh68

Reaction score
Important update this week are:

1. Phone black and white lists;

2. File Manager (TBD)

3. Flashlight

Standby power to resolve the situation 4.MS abnormal electrical signals to send messages to the garbage and other BUG; set the tone settings BUG resolved

5. SMS can change the font color.

A more detailed look at all OTA weeks 5 17:00

December 2 update: the file manager I carefully used a bit, still not perfect, the decision was put next week's OTA.

I think #4 actually means:

4.MS Standby power abnormal electrical signals to send messages to the garbage to resolve the situation and other BUG; set the tone settings BUG resolved

So perhaps they've nailed the bug where you sometimes receive an SMS and you see it in your notification bar but it doesn't appear in the app? Not sure but it kinda sounds that way.

Also, I wonder what kind of flashlight function they are including, I hope it's a stock LED flashlight function; I really dislike those "flashlight" functions that just make the screen go white...

I'm also very happy that we will now be able to customize SMS font color! I've been wanting to mod the SMS app to make the font color black instead of the gray it displays. It's easier to read if it's black, and now people can make dark SMS themes and have bright font colors.

I haven't read anything about LED notifications though, so I wonder where you go that from?

Not LED notifications, they said something about Milestone LED for power , wasn't sure what that meant. Sorry if I misspoke.

Z

ZeroBarrier

No need to be sorry, I was just wondering where you saw this Milestone LED power mentioned (Milestone LED power seems to be a mistranslation, but could mean LED notifications). I didn't catch anything Milestone specific from the OP in that thread at miui.com, so that's why I asked.

OP
M

mjh68

Reaction score
No need to be sorry, I was just wondering where you saw this Milestone LED power mentioned (Milestone LED power seems to be a mistranslation, but could mean LED notifications). I didn't catch anything Milestone specific from the OP in that thread at miui.com, so that's why I asked.

On the Miui-dev website , it is under flashlight support in the changelog.

Z

ZeroBarrier

Google translate translated this for me:

In that translation there is no mention of Milestone, so I'm unsure if this is what you meant.

OP
M

mjh68

Reaction score
Google translate translated this for me:

In that translation there is no mention of Milestone, so I'm unsure if this is what you meant.

I am talking about the Miui-dev.com website, not the chinese Miui.com site.
I was going to try to put the link in here ,but not sure how. It is MIUI Developers - Welcome to MIUI Developers

Z

ZeroBarrier

I'd rather rely on information straight from the horses mouth; in this case, miui.com. miui-dev.com just ports/translates ROMs made by the miui.com Chinese team.