0-10, all things considered

kookk

Reaction score
My upgrade is in a month and a half. I have to decide to sell my TB to put money towards the gnex within the next week or so. I went to a best buy mobile and felt a dummy, it felt pretty good to me but obviously a dummy is no where close to the real thing.

So far, rate your experience with the gnex, considering all positives and negatives please.

hydro556

Reaction score
With zero updates, and just as the phone was shipped, I'd give it a solid 8/10.

I am really impressed with the build quality/fit&finish, the screen is simply amazing, the camera is above average, the OS is quick, crisp and new.

The volume of the speaker should be a bit louder, there are some reporting sub-par reception and a couple other little odds and ends that I expect will be corrected with upgrades from Google/VZW.

At that point I expect it will be just about perfect for a couple years or so and then it will inevitably start feeling a bit dated.

Overall, I couldnt be much happier with it and I am very glad I passed on the Bionic, Razr and Rezound and held out for the GNex. I expect I will not be exchanging for anything else in my 14 days.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
i'd give it an 8 also. would have been 10 if the phone wasn't so slippery in hand, had better battery life and better quality camera.

Creed

Reaction score
9/10

No problems at all.

I have brilliant battery life, the sound seems fine to me, no lag whatsoever, my signal is stellar, and it is already rooted and unlocked! I only have one complaint, and in the grande scheme it is really small, the OS is sometimes hard to navigate. For example, if I want to turn off 4g or disable data over the air I have to go into settings and change it because no power control widget that I have found contains the above AND works on this phone.

That should change though as soon as more phones are on Ice Cream Sandwich.

Xquisite

Reaction score
6/10

Bad 4g signals compared to my Rezound, a few dropped calls, the camera was considerbly worst then the Rezound too. The 4g also dropped to 3g in places where my Rezound maintained 4g. I don't root or anything so going back to the Rezound was no big deal. And the OSs on both phones are pretty cool to me, as long as I can browse the web (which was hard on the GNEX due to 4g dropping to 3g), make calls ( GNEX dropped some of my calls dropping ), and take pictures of my son (which wasn't that bad on the GNEX, but it's better on the Rezound), I don't mind what OS the phone has.

ICS was pretty cool though, but not cool enough where I can't wait a couple of months for it. If it wasn't for the 4g issues I would give it an 8/10.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
9/10 seeing that most of the issues are software and can be easily fixed such as volume, vibration, signal etc...

The screen is stunning, the build is solid, and the phone just rocks!

DHO

Reaction score
8/10
4G is still budding technology with many gaps (at least where I live), though amazingly fast
And the stock ROM still has some quarks, which is expected for the first ICS ROM and many bugs are a result off popular apps lacking updates (like facebook and syncing contacts). And some patience is required until the updates are released.

Honestly the thing that bugs me most is where I work there is awful reception. Only, VZW phone get minimal reception, but my Original Droid got 1-2 bars of 3G and the Gnex gets phone reception, but no data. Why should the OG get data and not the gnex?!?!
But at the end of the day, I highly recommend and would not consider trading mine.

big al

Reaction score
Id go 8 /10 with the knocks being the signal / radio hand off issues and lack of OEM accessories like docks etc
I do expect to see both resolved in short order

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
9.5/10. The Galaxy Nexus is the best piece of tech ive ever own. I feel bad for the people who have issues, but my Nexus experience has been pretty much flawless.

condor12

Reaction score
The signal issue is a red herring as discuss ed elsewhere. Reception issues in fringe areas I haven't tested. Battery life is awful, but mostly cuz I can't leave it alone. Love the fast picture taking though the quality is subpar.
The biggest problem I'm having is the phone won't hand off from wifi without a reboot. I expect that'll be fixed with an update soon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

BadWolf

Reaction score
7/10 Compass doesn't work (Google Sky View, and Streetview compass mode.) Apps don't work (TV Guide and Radio.com) Google Wallet not included. You can install it, but you won't get any updates from the Market.

jnashr

Reaction score
I would give it at least an 8 also. I upgraded from the Thunderbolt...never looked back and no regrets. While I think HTC makes good phones and they have a good UI overlay....Sense is just not for me. With the Thunderbolt I had to force the phone to be what I wanted...with the Nexus, it came the way I wanted.

wil318466

Reaction score
9.5/10, but you could give it an 8.5 if you had issues with certain software related functions (speaker). You have to take at least .5 off for the camera, maybe even a full point if it's important to you.

Rooted/Rom'ed, 9.0-9.5. Unrooted/unrom'ed, 8.5

catfisher

Reaction score
8/10

I like this phone overall. I will be rooting soon to make the Nexus experience even better. I am glad I waited!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
9. Battery life is the only downside. Never had a phone where when plugged in using GPS that the battery drains. Haven't tried with lte off for the record