If your one of the ones laying down the shopping plan for Black Friday, here's something to make note of at Target. The HTC Droid Incredble will sell for only $49.99 with the usual 2 year service agreement. If you know of any other good android deals happening next week, be sure to let us know!
A recent tweet from V3RDICT gives us a heads up on Big Red's 4G campaign that will hopefully ignite the beginning of the 4G Phone Wars. I think this one liner sums it up best...
"Verizon now has 4G Service. AT&T doesn't"
The above picture is just a little more Merge fuel to keep this rumor fire going until word finally drops and hopefully tonight. The picture shows the HTC ADR6325 Merge is now showing up in Verizon's Cellebrite database of android phones. The cellebrite tool is a device that Verizon uses to transfer information between phones.
So the big question for today is.. Will we get some type of announcement tonight??
If you have a smart phone and you also subscribe to a family plan you should be in store for some Verizon discounts soon. According to the Wall Street Journal a new promotion will start Friday and allow signups through January 7th. It will require customers to have the $29.99 per month unlimited data plan. The WSJ did not specify the discount but reported that discounts could be up to $30 off...
Hopefully we'll see a significant discount that might make the family plan a bit more affordable. We are hoping for an official announcement from Verizon and will report it as soon as we get one.
The Droid X has been a top seller for Verizon and Motorola for some time now. In fact, it seemed that they've only recently been able to keep up with demand. But, this is the technology world and things move faster then the speed of light... so with that said, the price is already starting to come down. Costco is offering the Droid X for $100 with a new 2 year contract. That's a great bargain and a hell of a lot of phone for that price, but its entirely possible it will drop by Black Friday as well
I learned something new today about the sales figures for Samsung's Android lineup. Apparently, they've sold more units then either Motorola or HTC. It seems to me that Motorola has had some hits on their hands with the Droid X/Droid 2/Droid series... and HTC hasn't done too shabby either with the Incredible, Nexus One, EVO 4G, etc...
But if you think about it, I guess it's not so far fetched... check out this lineup of Galaxy S phones: Sprint's Samsung Epic 4G, Verizon's Samsung Fascinate, T-Mobile's Samsung Vibrant, AT&T's Samsung Captivate, the Samsung Galaxy Tab. Impressive. And they've got products available on almost all the networks overseas as well.
The figures are around 32% for Samsung, 27% for HTC, and Motorola coming in at a mere 17% which means if their huge success in Galaxy development continues, they might be the premier Android manufacturer.
(Source: DriversHQ & Droid Forum)
The Droid lineup is all about customization and now it's even easier with the new Droid Boot Logo Changer. The new app gives you the ability to quickly change the Motorola "M" start up screen to a custom logo or select from over 120 built-in with new images daily (including DroidForums.net and DroidXForums.com Logos - Thanks P3!)
* Works only with the Droid X, Droid 2, Droid Pro,
* Requires Root Access
For more information visit: MyDroidWorld - Droid Boot Logo Changer App in the Market or download it from the app market here:
If you have not received the OTA update just yet and your feeling a little bit left out in the cold or for whatever reason feel like manually updating, we've got the steps for ya. Thanks to some help from Android Central here they are:
- Grab the OTA file here.
- Make sure it's named update.zip
- Copy it to the root (base directory) of your SD card. Don't put it in any folders, and don't put it on the internal memory.
- Shut your phone off
- While holding the volume down button, turn the phone back on.
- In the white Bootloader screen, select recovery from the list.
- In the recovery screen (the triangle with exclamation mark), press volume up and power. You'll go to the recovery menu.
- In the recovery menu, select "apply sdcard:update.zip"
- The phone will find the file, and when finished prompt you to reboot. Reboot via the menu, then patiently wait for the phone to reboot, and enjoy.
(Source: Android Central
So we've seen the leaked HTC Merge pics, the leaked HTC Merge Accessories list, the Best Buy internal system screenshot showing the HTC Merge, but word leaks out tonight that this semi-secretive device could be announced on November 18th. Now before you get to excited, the phone was first rumored to be announced on November 11th. We also heard this phone was going to be delayed and released when big red unleashes the first batch of LTE phones. Maybe the delayed device was actually the HTC Incredible HD?
Oh, and there is one more twist to this story! Notice on the very top picture above, it mentions the HTC Droid Merge World-Phone? Now have a look at the bottom picture of the HTC Merge's desktop. Notice the BING icon on the screen? Hmmm.. A BING powered Droid? What??
As you are surely aware we've been posting some news tidbits about the Samsung Nexus S/Samsung Nexus 2 lately. Today was a pretty big news day for that phone because Eric Schmidt himself was seen rocking the phone at the Web 2.0 Summit. Granted, the logo was blacked out but the similarity is unmistakable. He referred to it as an 'unannounced phone' from an 'unannounced manufacturer' but it's hard these days to hide from all the internet detectives. He also went on to say that the Nexus S will support NFC which is Near Field Communications for those of you who were unsure.
He did also drop some interesting tidbits of information, such as confirmation that Gingerbread will be out in the "next few weeks". It sounds to reason that the Nexus S will of course be running Gingerbread when it's finally released.
Engadget has a small photo gallery up with more pictures if that's your thing. Full link here: Eric Schmidt shows off a Nexus S at the Web 2.0 summit, says Gingerbread coming in 'next few weeks' -- Engadget
Also keep in mind that we have a site dedicated to the Nexus One and now the Nexus S/Nexus 2 @ Nexus One Forum - Google Phone Forum
The Verizon LTE era seems so close we can almost taste it. The leaked VZW ad from Engadget shows what appears to be the first devices to launch on the LTE network. We can only assume once these 4G USB Modems hit the streets, the 4G Droids won't be to far behind.
We've seen the VL600 at the FCC and in the wild before -- it's a dual-mode CMDA / LTE modem that'll work pretty much anywhere Verizon has coverage, while the UML290 has a note about global capability "coming soon," so we'd assume there's a GSM radio tucked in there as well.
Today Verizon Wireless officially announces yet another LG Android phone, the LG Vortex. Just $79.99 after rebate and your John Hancock on a new 2 year contract will land you this new phone. The specs are scaled back somewhat from the higher end Droids, however I am impressed that this device comes preinstalled with Android 2.2 "Froyo" right out of the box. Check out the full press release below:
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and SAN DIEGO – Verizon Wireless and LG Mobile Phones today announced the LG Vortex™ will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, 4G LTE network with the Best Cell Phone Service - Verizon Wireless on Nov. 18. The LG Vortex empowers first-time smartphone users to join and explore the growing Android world with 3G connectivity over the nation’s largest and most reliable wireless 3G network. With its sleek design, LG Vortex gives consumers easy-to-use access to a variety of applications that make life simple and keep customers at the center of their social universe.
Colors: Black and Violet
· Powered by Android 2.2 – Offers customers support for Google Mobile Services, including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Talk, Google Voice and access to Android Market™
· Preloaded with Bing Search and Bing Maps
· 3.2” touchscreen with tactile feedback for fast and accurate touch vibration response
· Wi-Fi Connectivity
· 3G Mobile HotSpot capable
· Virtual QWERTY keyboard with Swype technology installed
· Bluetooth® 2.1 capabilities with support for Bluetooth Profiles Supported: Headset, Hands-Free, Dial-Up Networking, Object
Push, Advanced Audio Distribution (stereo), Audio/Video Remote Control, Phone Book Access, and File Transfer
· microSD™ card slot with expandable memory up to 32 GB
· Customizable home screens with shortcuts to text messages, e-mail, apps, favorite social networking sites and widgets
· Customizable to 5 or 7 home screens
· Proximity sensor instantly locks touchscreen while talking on the phone
· Pre-installed LG Apps, including My Status with Twitter™ for LG and Facebook® for LG
· Visual Voice Mail capable
· Skype mobile™ capable
· Android Market – Choose from thousands of downloadable apps
· Full suite of messaging options – Text, picture, video and voice messaging; corporate and personal e-mail accounts supported
· VZ Navigator® capabilities – Access for customers to receive audible turn-by-turn... [Read More]
DroidForums.net is happy to announce another free giveaway to our DroidForums membership!
This time around we would like to feature newPCgadgets.com Smarphone Coasters. The Smartphone Stand is a sleek and sexy stainless steel stand that will complement any Android phone in your home or office. The beauty of this coaster is its simplicity and sturdy feel. It will hold your phone securely in either portrait or landscape positions and grips just about any surface with its tacky foot pads.
Now instead of just laying your phone down on the table, or keeping it in your pocket, you can stand it up at an easy to view 60 degree angle. Parents can use the Smartphone Coaster to entertain their children with games or movies; professionals attending a business lunch or dinner will love the ability to view text messages and incoming calls faster.
Be sure to checkout their customer comments and holiday gift pack here: newPCgadgets.com Unique Accessories for your Laptop, PC or Mobile Devices
And the best part is you can win one of these stylish coasters here for free!
All you have to do is reply to this thread with a reason why you need a Smartphone Coaster and we will pick four winners a week from today.
Nov 15, 2010 - 8:43 AM - by pc747
Who can produce the best theme:
DroidForums, Htc Incredible forum, and Droid X Forum
Holiday Theme Contest:
WHO: DroidForums, Droid X Forums, and HTC Incredible Forum
members, beta team members, and developers.
Purpose: To have holiday themes for members for the holidays
When: 11/15/2010 to 12/15/10
Where: there will be a thread on all three participating forums
Prizes: 1st: $75 + Get theme posted on front page
2nd: $25 + Get theme posted on front page
3rd: Get theme posted on front page
1. Only three winners regardless of device or whether it is stock or rooted
2. Must be a member of DroidForums or one of the sister forums.
3. All are eligible to participate including devs and dev teams. For dev teams we will donate the winnings to the pay pal account linked to the team donate button. You do not have to be a part of a dev team to win. All members of droidforums or their sister site are eligible of winning.
4. The Theme can not brick or bootloop a device, it has to be a functioning theme. If it does not work, the theme will be disqualified.
5. Members of the mod team or rs team from Droidforums or their sister forums are not eligible to win. They can make a theme for fun but it will not be judged, hence no chance of winning.
6. Themes must be submitted with in the time frame. (11/15/2010 to 12/15/10 )
7. If it is a rom, you can not charge for it and it can not contain pirated apps. The rom or theme must be your work, copied work (aka:Kanged work) will result in DQ'ed.
8. Along with the zip file of your theme please post screen shots and/or video clips.
the dream theme's jolly theme is up and running
the thread is located here
A JOLLY THEME
... [Read More]
Nov 15, 2010 - 8:42 AM - by Shadez
Motorola MOTOPAD to Be First Android 3.0 Tablet
November 15th, 2010
Atweet by Mobile-Review’s Eldar Murtazin has been floating around this morning in regards to the upcoming Motorola tablet. The statement in questions is that the tablet — which here is referred to as the MOTOPAD — will be the first Android 3.0 tablet. We will assume by 3.0 he means Honeycomb, as we learned a lesson with Gingerbread never to assume version number of the next OS update. Anyway, apparently Eldar is a pretty respected insider, which is why this tweet is being given so much weight.
While I’m pretty sure we have seen reports in the past that already hinted at an exclusive deal with Moto to launch Honeycomb much in the same way they did Android 2.0 (and how Samsung has been given priority with Android 2.3), after BGR picked up the story it seemed worth mentioning. BeeTeeDubs, I doubt this thing ends up being called the MOTOPAD.
Seperate Article: Android 3.0 To Debut With Motorola's iPad-Killer
» Search tags for this page
4.08.605.2 manual update,
800-922-0204 error code 1000,
all verizon droid phones,
bypass activation lg enlighten,
bypass activation lg g2,
bypass activation lg lucid,
galaxy s4 mj7 root,
is there a way to store secret content on droid eris,
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Top Poster: hookbill
» Site Navigation
» Premium Sponsors
» DroidForums Twiiter
» ROMs & Themes
» Today's Birthdays
» Android Tablet Forum
» Droid Forums App