DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Handcent pop-up screen won't appear when phone locked...

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2

Handcent pop-up screen won't appear when phone locked...

Wondering if this is a Gingerbread issue, or a Handcent issue, or a just-me issue.

I have Handcent configured to show pop-up over the lock screen, but when I get a text when the phone is locked, and turn on the screen, the pop-up won't appear until I unlock the phone (I use a PIN lock, if that matters).

Is this just the way it is, or am I missing something...I've verified the setting is correct in Handcent...pop-up is enabled, Show when Locked is enabled, window mode is set to full (don't think that is related, however), pop-up is not restricted, quick pop-up is enabled.

Any suggestions?

3. dankarlinski
    I have the same issue. However, I have a password on mine due to my work email requiring it, so that could be an issue too...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    I'm using a PIN for the same reason, but the pop-up did work over Froyo (Fab's Apex Froyo ROM)...I'm thinking this may be a GB issue, but trying to find out for sure. Probably should have posted this in the main ROM section, not here in Zombie, so I can get feedback from users of the other GB ROMs...
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    dj1111sr
    Phone
    Droid 2
    When I receive a text while my phone is locked, my screen turns on and the message shows up for the amount of time I set in the quick popup settings. If I do nothing in that time frame my screen shuts off and I would need to unlock my phone to view the message. I have always had mine set this way, so not sure if I just described the issue you are having ha. For what it is worth I do not have a pin lock on mine.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Yeah, mine is set to show a popup and also display the onscreen keyboard automatically and the pop-up turns on my screen and shows up over the lock screen for the minute I have my screen time-out set to..in that time I can swype a reply or open my keyboard and type it...or if the screen goes off the notification remains and I have to unlock the screen to access the pop-up which stays there under the lock screen unless I had pressed "back" to dismiss the pop-up.

This is the proper behavior that I experienced under froyo too, so I don't think it's necessarily a Gingerbread or even ZombieStomped issue, maybe you should go and re-set all the settings to make sure Handcent isn't confused?
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by bofis View Post
    Yeah, mine is set to show a popup and also display the onscreen keyboard automatically and the pop-up turns on my screen and shows up over the lock screen for the minute I have my screen time-out set to..in that time I can swype a reply or open my keyboard and type it...or if the screen goes off the notification remains and I have to unlock the screen to access the pop-up which stays there under the lock screen unless I had pressed "back" to dismiss the pop-up.

This is the proper behavior that I experienced under froyo too, so I don't think it's necessarily a Gingerbread or even ZombieStomped issue, maybe you should go and re-set all the settings to make sure Handcent isn't confused?
    Do you have a PIN lock on your phone (have to enter a sequence of numbers on an on-screen keypad to unlock the phone)?

I'm starting to think that's the issue. I have one, and dankarlinski above who has the same issue also has a PIN lock set...
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    nope, I get tired of unlocking my phone as it is, so mine is just the usual slide...can applications like WinAmp put their playing screen over your lock screen?

Might just be that the pin lock is too secure for it to cover up or in some way interferes.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by bofis View Post
    nope, I get tired of unlocking my phone as it is, so mine is just the usual slide...can applications like WinAmp put their playing screen over your lock screen?

Might just be that the pin lock is too secure for it to cover up or in some way interferes.
    Thanks...seems pretty clear it's a pin lock issue.

I have solved the problem...i bought Widget Locker a while ago and never really used it. Downloaded it and set it up, and Handcent pop ups appear again!

Happy, my work it's done here.

Links