DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 102 of 147 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1464

Thread: [Release] DarkEdge UI 2.2

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Any ETA on CM6?

Reddit: TheRealBigLou
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by xeudoxus View Post
    For those of you who love DE but dont have a Droid1...............

Beta DE 2.2 2.3.15 DroidX in update.zip format. Its not all themed but I think its good for not having a DroidX and only 6 hours.

Remember its beta!

-Matt
    Very cool.. thanks for your support of Droid X! Any way you could:
    #1 Add this to the main thread so we can see updates (if any) for droid X theme?
    #2 New emails in gmail show up as black text with black BG.. any way you can fix this or tell me how I can do it?

Thanks!
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    a44kaliburll
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Ok,

I need to say this...

This is by far the best rom/theme I have ever used on the Droid 1. Its the most stable release I have ever ran on my droid and trust me I have run alot of roms/themes.

I dont throw this statement around ever, but I believe this to be the best release I have seen. It is very much better than the stock android and much better than any rom I have seen.

Great work fellas, and thank you for this great theme/rom!
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    davekover
    Phone
    D1/X & Tbolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
    Any ETA on CM6?
    xeudoxus is currently working on avalon so DarkEdge official ports are temporarily on hold.

Quote Originally Posted by bellindj View Post

Very cool.. thanks for your support of Droid X! Any way you could:
    #1 Add this to the main thread so we can see updates (if any) for droid X theme?
    #2 New emails in gmail show up as black text with black BG.. any way you can fix this or tell me how I can do it?

Thanks!
    I believe the zip is hidden in the thread just because it was an extremely beta release. With dX devices being inhouse now, we'll be able to test things before release which means you'll see it bumped to the front page as we'll feel more comfortable about the release.

As far as your gmail issue, it MAY be possible to fix if you download Gmail from market, move said Gmail to system/app and then attempt to theme with our DE apps metamorph. I don't know for positive if the compatibility is the same. For instance, in the past, the DE-apps would work for both Stock and CM releases. But seeing as how its a different device, I can't say for sure. Worst case scenario would mean you'd have to delete Gmail and re-download -- so its up to you if you want to try.
    Check me out on the market. Search "pub:kovdev"
  5. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    thunderbolt
    please add more colors for the frg22d build please thank you
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid x

works with lfy v1.7

Just wanted to let anyone who cares know that DE 1.0 has been working well for me with lfy 1.7 for the last three days.I would really like to see an official port for it. DE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Koveleski View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hairdewx View Post
    The gmail app is way too dark to see new messages. (new emails come as the color black with black text)Is there a way to chnge it or fix it?
    This means you did not theme the app using our apps pack. Make sure you have the latest gmail from the market, then download DarkEdge tools and run the app transfer. After doing so, make sure you have downloaded, extracted and moved the files from the DarkEdge apps zip to your sdcard. Run metamorph and select the control file. Afterwords, apps such as gmail, facebook, twitter, maps and others will be themed correctly.
    I am a bit confused about how to do this. Do I need to download other files in addition to the update zip? Are the instructions on the OP still the same even if we are using the update.zip?
    Thank you for the help, I am new at DE. I flashed the FRG22D Deodexed file from Peter Alfonso's site and then flashed the DE zip file, I guess I am not done yet? (BTW, I have never used metamorph before)

EDIT:I think I got, still have to download the apps and run DE tools and metamorph. However I cannot get the apps xfer to work, keep getting busybox failed! even with usb debug turned on, I guess I need to find another ROM to try this on.
    Last edited by donerico; 10-15-2010 at 11:49 AM.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Is the FRG22D Deodexed file from Pete's site the best to use for this? (Coming from UD 1.0)
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Does anyone else have the issue with having two of each Gallery app and two cameras and calenders in the applications menu?

Also, PLEASE fix the alarm clock!! It either goes off and I can't turn it off unless I stop the process in settings or doesn't go off AT ALL!! I missed class 3 times already because of this...
  10. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    davekover
    Phone
    D1/X & Tbolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shaiknbaik View Post
    please add more colors for the frg22d build please thank you
    They'll be coming. I've been busy with a bunch of projects so it's taking longer then expected.

Quote Originally Posted by donerico View Post
    I am a bit confused about how to do this. Do I need to download other files in addition to the update zip? Are the instructions on the OP still the same even if we are using the update.zip?
    Thank you for the help, I am new at DE. I flashed the FRG22D Deodexed file from Peter Alfonso's site and then flashed the DE zip file, I guess I am not done yet? (BTW, I have never used metamorph before)

EDIT:I think I got, still have to download the apps and run DE tools and metamorph. However I cannot get the apps xfer to work, keep getting busybox failed! even with usb debug turned on, I guess I need to find another ROM to try this on.
    Try downloading Stericson Busybox from the market and use that to make sure your busybox is installed and up to date, then try the apps xfer again.

Quote Originally Posted by bluex_01 View Post
    Does anyone else have the issue with having two of each Gallery app and two cameras and calenders in the applications menu?

Also, PLEASE fix the alarm clock!! It either goes off and I can't turn it off unless I stop the process in settings or doesn't go off AT ALL!! I missed class 3 times already because of this...
    I have answered this issue earlier in the thread, searching would've saved me from having to type this a second time. The reason you have two of certain apps is because you didn't flash this over the stock FRG22D. Our update zip contains files named CameraGoogle and DeskClockGoogle. The ROM you flashed over must name them a different way (most likely Camera.apk and DeskClock.apk) and therefore when you flash our theme - you created a second copy. By deleting the original versions, you will have the themed copies on your phone and no more duplicates.

As far as 'fixing the alarm clock', it works just fine for me. What rom did you flash over? That may be attributing to it. Is clock/deskclock also one of the apps which is duplicated on your phone? Perhaps the dual copies are screwing with functionality. Since you did not put the theme over the ROM we built it for, incompatibilities and maybe even errors (such as you missing class) may occur due to the user error in choice of ROM.

Quote Originally Posted by donerico View Post
    Is the FRG22D Deodexed file from Pete's site the best to use for this? (Coming from UD 1.0)
    I haven't used it, but if it's untouched FRG22D (aside from being deodexed) - then it should be fine. If you want to download the one that we've been using internally (which is just the one from mydroidworld/p3droid), then I'll link to a copy that I have online.

http://droid.davekover.com/files/FRG...ED-Release.zip
    Last edited by Koveleski; 10-15-2010 at 01:28 PM.
    Check me out on the market. Search "pub:kovdev"

Links